lowering...

Bodykits, alloy bits'n'pieces etc etc
hottest_cc2

Post by hottest_cc2 »

advice needed please :D

i've got 17" alloys on at the moment, but the car looks stupidly high at the front all the time, it's not half as bad at the back though and iit is an alright height at the back when the roof is down....

sooo, as i'm not very good with anything like this, was just wondering how you overcome this problem? or, do we just put up with it? lol
used to be hottest_cc...but changed my e-mail addy by mistake & now I can't get my password reminder...Oh well, that's why I'm hottest_cc2!

teddy206 GTi

Post by teddy206 GTi »

Buy some Eibach Pro Kit front springs...

hottest_cc2

Post by hottest_cc2 »

more info? lol....i'm a girlie!!! :P
used to be hottest_cc...but changed my e-mail addy by mistake & now I can't get my password reminder...Oh well, that's why I'm hottest_cc2!

DPH

Post by DPH »

Eibach lowering springs will lower the car by 30-40mm normally. The springs are stiffer than standard springs which will affect how firm the suspension is but not too drastically. You may have to get them fitted which takes a couple of hours but once they are fitted you will see a noticeable difference to the ride height.

Officially you may also be required to notify your insurance company but as it doesn't affect the engine performance they may not increase your insurance premium for such a modification.

You can probably get parts like these from Ecosse Peugeot (for the link see any post by Derek) or another tuning company such as Demon Tweaks or Ripspeed.

Hope that goes some way to explaining it in a little more detail.

teddy206 GTi

Post by teddy206 GTi »

The Pro Kit springs were once offered by Peugeot as an option for GTi's with the Sport Pack.
So they are ok for use with standard dampers.