Alluminium mesh grille for 206cc on the cheap ;)

Bodykits, alloy bits'n'pieces etc etc
slimgym

Post by slimgym »

I saw this front grille advertised on ebay and thought it looked quite good (and at €30 a lot cheaper than Peugeots). The seller had problems with Paypal so I sent a cheque off and received the grille the other day, well packed and undamaged from Germany the cost was around £35 in total.

I'm sure the grille once fitted will look as good as the one in the picture, but it is basically a sheet of alluminium which has been pressed to make the sports appearance. It has been cut to fit the 206cc but there is no other finishing such as beading around the edge of the grille or mounting method. It attaches to the existing plastic grille with 6 supplied cable ties!

I suppose at the end of the day, you pay cheap, you get cheap. It looks fine but probably cost a few pounds, if that, to manufacture. I guess there is no suggestion in the ebay item to suggest it's a professional finished product. I've posted this here just in case anyone is interested, just to let you know what you end up getting.. It's not totally dissimilar to the suggestion made here though this one at least has plastic edging!!

Now I come to read his ebay feedback (which is 94% positive) one of the comments is SCHROTT!!! which translates as "scap iron" ;)
Dave

Arnold

Post by Arnold »

Post a piccy of the fitted grille when you have done it. Would be interested to see what it looks like.