new owner...........please help

Any problems assoicated with leaks
sophie

Post by sophie »

hi there,first time on this site. ive just bought a peugeot 206cc.its a 02 plate and has had 1 previous owner.when i purchased the car nothing was said about it leaking,ive washed the car a number of time inc a jetwash and no leak but when it rained last night,i got into it this morning and the passenger seat was soaked.has anyone had this before if so what do i do as i didnt get it from a main dealer?!thanxs for any help recieved.

chinablue

Post by chinablue »

My first one leaked on the drivers side even when it was dry it is because the water pools in the roof seal mine went back 4 times but in the end peugeot replaced the car.It is easier to sort if bought from a dealer, why not take it into a dealer and see what they say.

sophie

Post by sophie »

my dad is a technician so he took it yesterday to have a look but couldnt find anything.so i braced myself last night as it rain really heavily.i went down this morning and it was bone dry.?!?! if it happens again ill take her to a dealer.thank you for your reply. :)

Dan

Post by Dan »

lol strange isnt it... i keep a towel in the car now just incase, and be sure to check the carpet where the leaks occur as water can saturate them easily :? had a nasty shock when getting my roadmap, only to find it soaking wet :evil:

rmh

Post by rmh »

Sometimes if the door is not quite aligned the top edge of the window can catche on the OUTSIDE of the rubber seal. This leaves a big gap and results in a mini flood, and the next day nothing...

If this happens just lower and re-raise the window to get it sealed correctly, then get the door looked at, should be just an adjustment at the hinge end....

these problems do happen from new along with various other problems...but when you get them all sorted its a great car :lol:

Rob

HelsBels

Post by HelsBels »

I have had my car 12 months now, has been back and forth to the dealer since about February for the leak in the roof to be fixed. It is worse now than when I originally took it in. The passenger side is fine, although leaked alot after one realignment. That is solved but the drivers side still leaks.

I also keep a towel in my car to put on my lap if it has been raining as it leaks when braking or accelorating.

My dealer has the regional technical guy on a, believe it or not, a leak course!!! Apparently this should then allow them to fix it once and for all. I was told this over 6 weeks ago. Still waiting for them to call, been told a car has been sent to Birmingham to have tests done to it and if that comes back ok, then they will book my car in.

To be truthfuil, I'm very fed up with the leak, its great when its dry but so depressing when u have to drive it and u know your gonna get wet! I have a problem with the back window on the drivers side, I'm now beginning to think maybe this is the problem.

There is definatly some problem for so many to be leaking, I will never be 100% sure it won't leak even after some guy has been on a leak course!
Cruisin 206cc Quiksilver Babe ;)

rmh

Post by rmh »

If it leaks when braking or accelerating it is a problem with the water running along the seals.

There are wider replacement seals and i believe these also have the ends sealed to prevent water intruding by the windcreen joint. These are on standard Pug Tech notes and should not need a "Leak Expert"

Complain to Pug HQ in Coventry and DEMAND a solution.

Rob

HelsBels

Post by HelsBels »

I've had 2 lots of new seals put on the roof, and had the doors, roof and windows realigned quite a few times and each time, been assured there will be no more leaks but as soon as it rains, there are the leaks again!

I do have drips coming in when stationary sometimes at the join at the front where it clips shut to join the windscreen. This is where it leaks when braking and accelerating. I have also noticed that if parked with my back end facing down hill, the leaks drip in the join above the passenger seat on the drivers side!

I have spoken to Pug HQ about my squeaky brakes, and they talked to me like I was a stupid female, I was not impressed by the mans attitude and feel reluctant to have to speak to them again!
Cruisin 206cc Quiksilver Babe ;)

rmh

Post by rmh »

Is there plenty of tension in the roof clips ?
And when you close them, is the tension equal ?

I had to have the roof realigned is one clip was very slack

If the car leaks after all this, then it is them that have a problem, threaten to get Pug UK involved and go to trading standards.

The goods (vehicle) is not in the condition expected and THEY have FAILED to affect a repair.

Dont take any SH*T !! :evil:

It took me over a year to get mine sorted, it was an import which did not help, but it was sent back to Pug technical centre in Coventry 4 times !

They can do it, but only if you are persistant and apply the right pressure in the right places.

Good luck
Rob

AK47

Post by AK47 »

Hi, My partner bought a brand new car (2004) has had the same problem you described. After 4th visit the main dealer solved the problem, roof off for re-alingment+new seals
Hope you get it solved