Replacing 206 fuel caps

Bodykits, alloy bits'n'pieces etc etc
bari

Post by bari »

Hi i own a Peugeot 206GLX 1.4 and im interested in modifying the standard fuel cap. There are 2 options availible to me, the chrome finshed or matt finished caps. Now these caps allow you take the lock that comes with the standard cap and fit it on to the modified cap. Now my question is, does anyonw know of how to take the lock apart from the standard cap and fit it on to the mod fuel cap?

Many thanks guys, keep up with the good work!! :D

Dan02

Re: Replacing 206 fuel caps

Post by Dan02 »

Hi mate, I have Excatly the same car and mines is black and I done the same with the petrol cap. You have to use the car key tosort it out. You put the key in the petrol cap and pull it out, then you have to twist the inside part of the cap to the left and it will come apart from the standard one. Then you will need to put the cap back into the petrol tank and take the key out which means you will have the standard part on the key when you take it out. Take the part off and do what you want with it, then put the new cap over the key and then put the key back in the cap, pull the cap open and then fit the new petrol cap by twisting it right.

Hope that helps mate. :) :wink: :)