diamondbrite jewelultra?

Hint'n'tips plus products
suzzza

Post by suzzza »

Hellloooooo!!!

206cc newb here :D
Getting my little red one on March 1st 8)

Have a question for you......
Has anyone Diamondbrited their car themselves???
I have bought the stage 1 & 2 glaze and aftercare pack off Ebay for £20 and the instructions don't sound too hard ;)

What d'ya reckon??
Cheers
RED !!!! oh and blue too

ammyj

Post by ammyj »

i would get someone to do having just read this...

"
Buying Paint Sealants on eBay
There has been a rumour that some unscrupulous contract valeters are refilling their empty Diamondbrite and Supagard packaging with normal car wax and reselling it on eBay.

We cannot validate these rumours, but to ensure that the product matches the packaging, you should only buy from reputable and approved dealers.

If you see deals on eBay which look too good to be true...
they probably are!

Why Sealants should only be applied by professional valeters.

1. Paint sealants are designed to chemically bond to your paintwork. For this reason they need to be applied directly to bare paintwork. If applied over the top of wax, they will not bond and will only break down and disintegrate as the wax evaporates. For this reason, professional valeters prepare the car before application, using a chemical wash which removes all waxes, oils, silicones and road traffic film.

2. Paint sealants form a tough plastic coating over your car's bodywork, they seal in your paintwork no matter what its condition. They can also seal in all the harmful chemicals which they are designed to guard against if not removed prior to application. Sealants do not polish your car, they don't restore faded or dull paintwork, and they certainly don't remove fallout, acids, or compounds.

3. Paint sealants are not designed for easy application by the general public as most retail waxes are, they can only be applied with precision. If not applied by an experienced professional, this can result in swirl marks, hazing, and white staining to plastic trim and rubbers.

4. All manufacturers' warranties and guarantees are void unless applied by an approved dealer.

Alex LS

Post by Alex LS »

and they certainly don't remove fallout
The condition of your car's paintwork would be the very least of your worries, I'd have thought :P

I vote go for the professional, BTW. Apart from anything else, you won't get the 6 year guarantee if you do it yourself. FWIW, I had mine done at a Pug main dealer and they haven't charged me for the annual checkups, even though the last one (in Dec) was done in the wash bay and the car came out sparkling :shock:
"It is not an ordinary job. It is not like being manager of Aston Villa." - Gérard Houllier

[url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=386]Owner #386[/url] - [url=http://alexlslfc.users.btopenworld.com/pug/][u]My pug stuff[/u][/url]

suzzza

Post by suzzza »

Have just slipped my local diamond geeza £20 to put the jewelultradiamondbrite stuff on for me :lol:
Saw the car too!! It arrived there this morning, so small and red and beautiful - I'm all excited now :P :P
RED !!!! oh and blue too

clairelovestlc

Post by clairelovestlc »

i got it done free when i got my car ( pug damaged my car in transit, after all the problems of getting me a replacment, they offered to do my diamond briting for free)

but its something i 100% recomend getting done. dunno how hard it would be to do urself though.
~*~Clairey Fairy~*~