Auto unlock boot on 2003 mux model, anyone done it?

Bodykits, alloy bits'n'pieces etc etc
Capncol

Re: Auto unlock boot on 2003 mux model, anyone done it?

Post by Capncol »

rblabs wrote:For the benefit of anyone still on boot unlocking issues, I do recommend or suggest you reverse the actuator's connecting wires. If you do this, your boot will unlock each time you press unlock on the FOB or any time the central lock is in open position. However you can then lock the boot with your key by turning clockwise! This is a better solution and someone out there can benefit asap. Let me know if this helps solving the problem.

Cheers.
Why would you do that?
It means every time you leave the car, you have to remember to lock your boot.
As it is, you only need to unlock it when you need to access anything in it.

I believe the reason it was done this way is so someone couldn't access your boot (when car is left with the roof down) by pulling up on the inside door knobs (earlier models)
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Dav1ey

Post by Dav1ey »

So does the above mean that there is no way I can have the boot so it locks and unlocks with the remote? And I thought mine deadlocks when its locked so it cant be opened from the inside if the roof is down?
I am not really bothered by it but sometimes if carrying loads of bags it would have been easier if we could just unlock with remote rather than having to put bags down or just stand at the back looking like a drunk penguin trying to get the key in and unlock it... think I was wearing black and white that day haha!
:big-grin:
Ex owner of a 2005, 206cc Allure, Aegean Blue, 1.6 Auto with Cream leather ambience - *** SOLD *** and being loved in Essex :) NEW Fiat 500 Lounge with Start Stop in Pasadoblé Red... Rampant Roller Skate :D
Norwich, UK :) OUT, PROUD & PROBABLY BEING NAUGHTY!

EdmundIJones

Post by EdmundIJones »

As the boot being permanently locked (unless unlocked with the key on each occasopn) has been irritating me for a while, I decided today to try the reverse. I disconnected the electrical cable so as a result the boot is always unlocked unless I decide to lock it. As I can leave it locked for long periods via the key this seems like a more preferable solution. I will however look at some way to make it lock and unlock with the central locking.