Goodfellows Aldridge

Good or Bad in here.........
aliy

Post by aliy »

I have had my 206cc for a year now and haven't really had any problems at all apart from squeaky brakes which were fixed on the 4TH ATTEMPT by replacing my brake pads.

Anyway on th 19th Dec 2003 i had and accident, i spun on some black ice and totally buckled my passenger side wheels, so it wasn't driveable. The AA took it to Goodfellows in Aldridge, walsall as i requested them to. My insurance payed for the work to be carried out to put it right.. i was due to pick it up on the 21st Jan 2004. I left work and had a phone call to let me know that i couldn't pick up my car because they needed to do a alignment test on it and it was going to take another week. I told them that i didn't mind as long as it was rigt when i got it back...

I had a phone call on 29th Jan 2004 to let me know that it would be ready for collection on 30th Jan 2004 and i was delighted.

Picked up my car on the Fri night and proceeded to travel along the Motorway. My car did not feel right at all, everytime i excellerated my car veered to the right!!! i didn't even need to touch the steering wheel to change lanes, i was literally in the inside lane of the motorway and crossing 3 lanes without touching the wheel!!!!! I was also fighting with the wheel because if i let go i would have just gone into the central reservation!!

I called Goodfellows and they told me to bring the car in for a road test.. I took it in on the 3rd Feb 2004 the Tue after the fri i collected it. I took my boyfreind with me in case there was a problem. The 'Master Technician' came with us to look at the vehicle and took a look at it. I stressed that i was concerned that the wheels on the passenger side which had been dammaged had been replaced with new ones but they had left the old ones on the right which were part worn!! surely they should be swopped around??? The technician said that all he had done was replaced the damaged wheels??? ok???

My boyfriend went on a test drive with the 'MASTER TECHNICIAN' who drove the car.. he proceeded to tell my boyfriend that he felt the car pull to the right. When they got back the Master Technician went to speak to his manager and the manager came back and told us that there was nothing wrong with my car :!: WHAT!!!! The Technician went on to tell us that all 206 cc pull to the right and what i was experiencing was TORQUESTEER!!!!! He said that he would take me out in another 206cc to show me!! I said well it didn't veer across 3 lanes of the motorway before the repair and that i wasn't interested in another 206 cc mine had the problem not another car!! The Manager then asked me what i wanted and i said "TO BE ABLE TO DRIVE IN A STRAIGHT LINE'! :x The Master Technician also asked my boyfriend if i was hoping that my car would have been written off!!! and that because i have been without my car for so long that it could be because i need to get used to it again!!!! :evil:

They have now told me that they will take it in for another alignment test on Fri 6th Feb 2004 just to put MY MIND AT REST! :evil:

I have recently spoken to my insurance about this who asked me if i new about the additional work that had to be carried out??? They had to send out my assesor again and a suplimentary estimate on the 28th Jan, 2 days before i picked it up!! apparently the wheel bearing and the shock absorbers had to be done.. I heard nothing about that this work had to be done and i am very worried that it hasn't been carried out because of the space of time they had to do it..

Could anyone advise me on what to do now. I know that they are going to say that my car is still fine after this test that they are carrying out on Fri is complete.. Where do i go from here when my dealer is refusing to do work that needs to be done :cry: My car is definitley not right!!! help