Story about my CC or my nightmare...

Electrical 206CC problems
Nyssa

Post by Nyssa »

...Eight months ago I have decided on buying a new car. After thinking about it for a long time I decided it would be Peugeot, 206 CC (1.6 16V). I visited two big Peugeot distributors in Zagreb and neither of them offered me the possibility of test driving my desired model. Nevertheless, the car charmed me and it is really beautiful. I love that car.
The car was bought on May 27, 2003 at Peugeot TM –VOZILA in Zagreb. I took it over on May 28, 2003 and after only 5 minutes there began different kinds of problems (with the stop light bulbs, problems with roof, leaking problems, doors, engine, windows, electronics, faulty oil indicator, there was rust on the inside fabric,then I could not get into the car for half an hour although it had been open, then the brakes squeak, drivers seat belt…)
Until now, the car had been serviced every month. Mostly about the same problem (faulty oil sensor) that has not been removed yet. Up to now this software part has been changed several times, but occasionally there is still a problem with the indicator.
I have complained to Peugeot Croatia hoping they would help me, but none of them took the courtesy of returning my calls.
At the penultimate service on November 24, 2003 the roof was being repaired because it was leaking inside all over, mostly at connections, buckles where the roof is buckled off and at the driver`s and passenger`s seat by the windows. The new software was also put in because the car would not start. The car was there for 2 days but nothing was fixed because the water kept leaking even more than before. The situation culminated with the bent car key and greasy inside which I could not clean. Only then did I contact the director of TM-VOZILA and Mr. Dodig from Peugeot Croatia. Mr. Dodig contacted me after a week from then. The car was at service again on December 3, 2003. It had been tested and they confirmed that the car was really with a lot of problems and that it was not only my imagination. They promised me to repair it for real. I picked it up on December 16, 2003, of course, with the promise that there was no leak anymore. The next morning, after only 24 hours, the car was taken to service again because the roof was still leaking inside (not drops but a real leak all over the place!). The car was kept there and I got a substitute vehicle again. During the day I tried to contact Mr. Dodig, but unsuccessfully because he was out of reach. From the TM-VOZILA nobody called me, neither did they inform me what was happening with my car. Only in the evening when I tried to call Mr. Dodig again, I found out that my car had been taken to Elcon, Zabok (Croatia), for another repair.

I would really like to know what they do at these service stations?! A person leaves them the car in confidence and what do they get in return? False promises and a broken car!
I am a bit afraid of car because the problems are constant.
My car has been repaired for so many times, but problems that were being solved keep emerging again and again. It is obvious that they can not be resolved. I have spent a lot of money and all I want is a good car, I think I deserve it....
I really don`t know what to do anymore... :( :sawery:

Esselle

Post by Esselle »

Hi Nyssa

I am so sorry to hear about your problems :( .
I had an experience with my first CC, but I must admit, not as bad as yours. I understand how you feel though :evil:
I think you need to get some legal advice and hopefully you can reject the car and expect a new one. I don't know what your law states in Croatia, but here, the car would not be of satisfactory quality and I would suggest you should stop letting them do work on the car and DEMAND a replacement.
I hope this all works out well for you. Keep us informed.

Nyssa

Post by Nyssa »

I will try to reject the car...I will write directly to the France and see what will they say about my car...
I really love that car...

Esselle

Post by Esselle »

I really love that car...
I know! You sound like I did...

I loved mine too and felt almost guilty for trying to reject it, but I love my new one more... :D

Be firm and don't accept any excuses!

clarelee

Post by clarelee »

I would be getting legal advice pretty soon if I were you, In the U.S. they have the so called 'anti lemon' law where if you return the car during warranty 3 times for the same fault and they can't resove it you can claim your money back and return the car, unfortunately in Australia there seems to be no specific law regarding this but your country might.

Esselle

Post by Esselle »

In the U.S. they have the so called 'anti lemon' law where if you return the car during warranty 3 times for the same fault and they can't resove it you can claim your money back and return the car
Fantastic - that is one law the UK would welcome! I would imagine there would be a lot of car manufacturers in financial trouble, or the price of new cars would rocket to pay for the lemons.

I agree with your comment that legal help should be sought FAST. I can't really relay the advice given to me as I'm sure your laws are different.

Nyssa

Post by Nyssa »

I would be getting legal advice pretty soon if I were you, In the U.S. they have the so called 'anti lemon' law where if you return the car during warranty 3 times for the same fault and they can't resove it you can claim your money back and return the car, unfortunately in Australia there seems to be no specific law regarding this but your country might.
In my beautiful country there isn`t any law which could help me and others who have problems with their new cars....maybe one day...but who knows...
I`ve got my car today, they didn`t repair anything.... :( :evil:
pug monkeys :mfight:

Sasha

Post by Sasha »

In my beautiful country there isn`t any law which could help me and others who have problems with their new cars....maybe one day...but who knows...
I`ve got my car today, they didn`t repair anything.... :( :evil:
pug monkeys :mfight:
Well, this is not true. Check this out:
Consumer protecting law
and pay attention to cl. 109

I bought mine from AC-Kostrena in Rijeka and they are great guys. I'm bugging them for even the smallest problems (my car is still under warranty) and I'm still alive :D although I'm watching carefully not to go near them while they are carrying some potentially dangerous tools ;)

Nyssa

Post by Nyssa »

Well, this is not true. Check this out:
Consumer protecting law
and pay attention to cl. 109

I bought mine from AC-Kostrena in Rijeka and they are great guys. I'm bugging them for even the smallest problems (my car is still under warranty) and I'm still alive :D although I'm watching carefully not to go near them while they are carrying some potentially dangerous tools ;)[/quote]

thanks...
where are you from?