Warwick Wright City - 6 month check up/service

Good or Bad in here.........
samwise

Post by samwise »

So having spent ages typing this story I forgot to post it. Bascially a bit of hassle but as the owner of an import I was happy. This all happened back in September ........

So I'd owned my 206CC SE for 6 months after buying it from Motorpoint of Derby (and hence an import) and it was time for it's first service/safety check. I'd traveled a grand total of 1991 miles (mostly motorway cruising) but I was already suffering from the squeaky brakes so I wanted to get those replaced with the new (hopefully) non-squeaky version. I also had the voucher in the service record giving me this service for free. As I get to work on the tube I planned to drop off the car in the morning, tube to work and back, then pick it up in the evening so no courtesy car was needed.

My nearest dealership was Warwick Wright City (in East London). I rang them on the 9th and said my car needed its first service. They said I could bring it in tomorrow. I said I also wanted the new pads (giving them the part number). They said if I needed work doing then it would be the 17th. I asked if they could confirm they would have the pads in by then. They’d said they’d check and came back and said they have them in stock anyway. I warned them it was an import and they said bring any documentation I had with the car. I wrote them a “letter of introductionâ€

Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Hi Jason

I used Warwick Wright City for the same reason, (early opening and close to Mile End tube station). They were very helpful for warranty work and the first (free) service.
The only problem they had been unable to solve was the poor MPG, (I’m sure you remember me whinging on about it). At 22mpg they said they could find no problem (after several attempts) and it was within acceptable limits. As everything else had been done courteously and efficiently, I booked the car in with them for the 20K service, luckily I checked the price before I took it in, they quoted £200 :shock: . So I started to phone around for the best price and got it down to £140 at Wells of Woodford. Although they open too late to drop the car in on the way to work, they collected, serviced and return it. I mentioned about the fuel consumption, and they phoned to say they had found a faulty sensor in the inlet and it has been replaced. Since then I’ve been getting at least 32mpg.
If you are happy with Warwick Wright's service that’s fine, but make sure you check their prices when you’ve got to start paying.