Beeping CC

Electrical 206CC problems
Mr_AWOL

Post by Mr_AWOL »

Dropped car off this morning, picked up apple (acid?) green 307 and drove off. all reasonably happy.

Wasnt gonna be back before dealer shut, so asked them to leave my car keys with petrol station as usual.

Arrived at petrol station, gave name

Can i have my keys please?
What keys?
My car keys!
What car keys?

Gave reg number, finally got keys

Car has had new 'com 2000' (indicator stalk) and a software download, plus some bits of dash put back together properly

Got in car, eject CD. Put in new CD, start car. Turn vloume off to listen more clearly to loud 'beeps' coming from the car every 2 seconds. Beeps wouldnt go away. Turned car opff etc they still wouldnt go away. NOTHING would make them go away!

Has anyone else had this? i refused to drive the car, took the courtessy car back and left a slightly stroppy note for the dealership to phone me back FIRST THING tomorrow. Can they charge me for stealing their courtessy car when i was sposed to give it back? (like ta see em try!) What do the (very) loud beeps mean? :? :?

Sam1974

Post by Sam1974 »

Hi

I have heared of this problem but dont know what the final outcome was. A freind of mine sells 206cc imports for a garage, and a new cc he sold did the same thing, never stopped beeping.

In the end I think it ws something to do with one of the roof sensors, and the car/sofware thinking the roof was up but the catches not fastened or something like that.

Cheers

Sam1974
Cheers

Sam

ICE DOCTOR

Post by ICE DOCTOR »

Definately is the roof mechanisim mate. U probably find they had opend the roof and then when they closed it, they locked the hatches down before it had beeped.

Just do a roof up and down and it should take care of the Bepin problem.

ICE

teddy206 GTi

Post by teddy206 GTi »

brings nack memories of my holiday when i went to Majorca in May...

...hired a CC which had less than 3k kilometres on it and was a multiplex car and it wouldn't stop bleeping either.

Mr_AWOL

Post by Mr_AWOL »

Sorted. Apparently it was where the radio had lost its code and they just had to put it back in. If i had turned the stereo OFF rather than DOWN i might have noticed this! :D