Squeaky brakes *reference for new pads available*

All your other probs if any.
Izzy

Post by Izzy »

Sorry, bit of a long one but worth the read I think! I found this French 206cc site through another French forum I'm on regularly. They are helping people who have squeaky brakes by forwarding their details to Peugeot (and they send you a copy of the letter too apparently)

the site is here: http://www.lateamcc.com/ to get to the right page, click on "pétition" on the bottom left of the page and then on "souscrire a la pétition" on the top right. This will take you to a questionnaire to be filled in:

The fields (same order as on the french form) are:

contact details:

last name
email
departement - note: pick the first choice in the scroll down list: 00 hors zone France (outside France)

car

car model
date of registration
name and address of your usual dealer

Squeaky brakes

when did squeaky brakes appear - note: in KM not miles
if the dealer has attempted to fix

If you select "oui" several more boxes appear - they what to know what type of fix has been tried. choice is:
- brake pads replaced
- brake pads filed (I think!)
- brake discs changed
- other (specify details in box)
if there's been an improvement - choices are:
- yes - long term
- yes - but short term
- no

If you select "non" several more boxes appear - they want to know why the dealer didn't want to fix. choice are:
- it's normal, there's no abestos
- not covered by warranty
- other (specify details in box)

Other information

fill in if you have any more info you want to tell them (and they've asked people to remain polite :lol: now I wonder why that is...)

I hope this is all makes sense and is helpful

Izzy

Post by Izzy »

Forgot to add that the form is available online until 30 April

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAO Peugeot customer services / quality control
Re: information regarding squeaking brakes accross the 206 range

Dear Sir or Madam,

At the request of its members, the site www.lateamcc.com has offered its technical support to help collect information on the 206 range where vehicles present the well known problem of squeaky brakes and forward this information to you.

Whether it is called, squeaking, squealing or whistle or other noise, too many 206 suffer from this anomaly for which the answers of local dealerships remain unsatisfactory:
- either "its' normal, there's no asbestos anymore in break pads" which does not make sense since this is the case for all vehicles regardless of the make, and the problem is not generalised
- or brake pads are replaced but there is only temporary or no benefit

All users of the 206 would like to bring this problem to your attention, which is also a worry as far a safety is concerned.

In that light [name] living in [location] informs you that his/her car Peugot 206 [model] registered [date] presents this anomaly.

After roughly [number] km, he/she took his/her car to his/her dealer [name/address] who did the following [attempted fix explained / or if no fix attempted - reply from dealer]

The result is measured in term of improvement:
"was there an improvement"
[yes long term/yes short term/no]

The member has entered the following extra information:
[if any]

We know that the issue of squeaky brakes is high on your agenda and that you are looking for ways to address this problem. Nonetheless, it seems important to us to bring this to your attention so that your eventual solution can be applied to every vehicle already in circulation and especially to each member who has filled in this friendly petition.

You will find hereafter the electronic address of [name] so that your customer service can bring him/her a personalised answer through which it will be possible to obtain an efficient repair, under warranty extented to take this problem into account [email address]

The site www.lateamcc.com wishes a good reception of each message, and the respect due to each member, each user of the 206 Peugeot in a spirit of collaboration to conceive a beautiful and reliable car.

yours faithfully
www.lateamcc.com
[name]

PS: we ask you that the personal information in this email be only used in relation to this petition and not passed to third parties.

Alex LS

Post by Alex LS »

I just got a reply from Pug France telling me to contact Pug UK as they would have better information on cars built for the UK. Just one problem - mine was built to UK spec for Spain :rolleyes:

Are they trying to say that the braking system is different across Europe, do you think?
"It is not an ordinary job. It is not like being manager of Aston Villa." - Gérard Houllier

[url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=386]Owner #386[/url] - [url=http://alexlslfc.users.btopenworld.com/pug/][u]My pug stuff[/u][/url]

Izzy

Post by Izzy »

got the same reply as well, which is a bit stupid really considering that all the cars are built either in the UK or in France regardless of what country they're actually sold in. And they didn't manage to read the email sent to them properly as they called me "Sir" in their reply :rolleyes:

Izzy

Post by Izzy »

Well I may just have some good news soon. A guy who works at Peugeot posted on the French forum to say that they have new brake pads available and that these will not squeak. I've called my dealer, but apparently they don't know anything about it here :rolleyes: so I'm waiting for the French guy to give me the reference number for the new pads. I will post it here as soon as I have it and we can all order some :D

Jussi

Post by Jussi »

Well I may just have some good news soon. A guy who works at Peugeot posted on the French forum to say that they have new brake pads available and that these will not squeak. I've called my dealer, but apparently they don't know anything about it here :rolleyes: so I'm waiting for the French guy to give me the reference number for the new pads. I will post it here as soon as I have it and we can all order some :D
Are those new brake pads available for front and rear ?
I have squeky rear at the moment :cry:
[url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=351]Owner 351[/url]

Izzy

Post by Izzy »

Right, the reference number is: 4252.76you'll have to check with your dealer if these "non squeaky" pads can be fitted to your car (apparently they have 4 different references for original pads and the new pads cannot be fitted to all cars)

Jussi, the guy wasn't sure about the rear pads, but I'll let you know if he can find out

Izzy

Post by Izzy »

More info:

Parts are not yet in stock, Part No is correct, but too new to be recognised by Peugeot UK database. Get your dealer to order some!!!

Edit: after speaking to my dealer and customer services, this is not covered by the warranty, but after a good talk with the service manager at my dealership, they have agreed to do it under warranty :D my car's booked in for Thursday

Jussi

Post by Jussi »

My dealer phoned to me and said that there was announcement from peugeot. New pads are awailable :D
But they are only to front, nothing about rear pads :cry:
Have anyone new information about those pads ?
Izzy, what about your car, is it fixed already and did it helped ?

Izzy

Post by Izzy »

yep, just got the car back and the brakes are silent!!! The guy didn't have any info about a fix for the rear. Sorry :(

Jussi

Post by Jussi »

Izzy nice to hear about your brakes :D
I must wait if there's coming any info about those rear pads :|

ClassyChick

Post by ClassyChick »

Dont know whether this is in the right place but, when leaving the car with the roof off eg. to nip into the shop, I only use the key to lock the drivers door, not the remote button, is it still imobilised? If I lock it with the button, will the alarm go off if a fly goes past the sensor? Really confused!!

ClassyChick

Post by ClassyChick »

Dont know whether this is in the right place but, when leaving the car with the roof off eg. to nip into the shop, I only use the key to lock the drivers door, not the remote button, is it still imobilised? If I lock it with the button, will the alarm go off if a fly goes past the sensor? Really confused!!

Alex LS

Post by Alex LS »

AFAIK, the immobiliser has nothing to do with the locking mechanism or the alarm. The immobiliser works by sensing that a valid key is in the ignition.

I'm pretty sure that the remote button 'only' arms the alarm and activates the deadlocks.
"It is not an ordinary job. It is not like being manager of Aston Villa." - Gérard Houllier

[url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=386]Owner #386[/url] - [url=http://alexlslfc.users.btopenworld.com/pug/][u]My pug stuff[/u][/url]

destiny

Post by destiny »

What is going on with my brakes!! :evil:

Ive just read through all the posts on squeeky brakes and i have the same problem, its begining to get more and more embaressing each time i put my foot on the brake.
Has any one tried these new pads? Do they definatly not squeek? Any feedback would be very greatful before i book the car in. Thanks Nikki