WILSONS OF EPSOM

Good or Bad in here.........
Pukka Pug

Post by Pukka Pug »

We all have horror stories and tales to tell of dealers and their lack of knowledge/technical knowledge,but having owned my CC for a very short time I decided,after being able to list six seperate faults,it was time I visited the monkey farm.Having been there two months previously to have one problem rectified(which actually wasnt)I thought I thought I would add this to the list of problems.Now,I always give a repairer the benefit of the doubt ONCE,but when I have to return a second time I expect the matter resolved-WRONG-
I came to the conclusion that as the fault wasnt rectified the first time,it would be best to speak to the man at the top,the so called 'SERVICE MANAGER'- a Mr GRAHAM THOMPSON.....Well,let me tell you,never in my life have I met or had dealings with such an arrogant,rude,dis-interested,impatient man.I explained the nature of the faults and asked that he look at the car personally,a seemingly outrageously unfair task to ask him to do-I mean,the 25 meter walk to my vehicle obviously put his back up,and then the cheek of me explaining the faults to him,and him having to endure the painful 5 minutes of him time I asked of him wall all too much for the man.No 'yes sir' or 'of course sir' or 'no problem sir',but just a pair of of eyes,which incidently made no eye contact whatsoever during my meet with him and then when turning on his heels to leave(even tho I was in mid sentance)he rolled him eyes at me!!!!
He was completely dis-interested in my problems with the car,and being the SERVICE MANAGER at WILSONS,I find this very unacceptable and the man is obviously in the wrong job and would be far better suited feeding pigeons on Trafalger Square where he would not need to speak or interact with another human.Perhaps the Pigeons may find his interllect of a similar level to comunicate with him better than I did last week!
So be warned if you are thinking of bringing your Pug to Wilsons for service/warranty work-Avoid MR Graham Thompson in the same way he tried to avoid conversation and interaction with me-Go take a running jump pal :D

Andy-W

Post by Andy-W »

I agree. I have worked in an independent garage for 10 years and have had many such situations with Wilsons with work cars under warranty. I would not let them touch my personal car in a million years. All of their franchises are the same. A complete lack of customer care.

Maybe Warrick Wright (Morden) next time?

Pukka Pug

Post by Pukka Pug »

Ok,thanks for than Andy-Maybe will try that when my baby's 6 month check up comes up soon...My mate also highly recommends McKinnons in Wallington.This is a bit of a trek for me but if the guys/service is good I dont mind the journey...Anyone have any dealings with McKinnons?Cheers Andy

Mr_AWOL

Post by Mr_AWOL »

Phone Pug head office and let them know if you have really bad issues with a dealer - if they get enough complaints about a particular dealership then they look into striking them off - if no-one says anything, the worst dealerships will still be going, and innocents who know no better will continue to go there!

Maybe we could get Nick Knowles to do ' UK's Worst....... Peugeot Dealership'? :)

Andy-W

Post by Andy-W »

McKinnons hmmm. They have come a long way since I bought my car from them 18 months ago. Back then they were not good, but recently have pulled their socks up. Ray in service is very good and they do collect and deliver if requested (not sure of the area covered).

I use them and Warrick Wright regularly though work (depending on who can book earlier) and both are currently doing fine jobs.

Pukka Pug

Post by Pukka Pug »

Thanks for your comments Andy.I willl take this into consideration when the little gal goes to the doc's for her 6 month check-up.Nice to hear someone else's opinion about pug dealers and their service,as this is the first pug I have owned.