Does your engine cut out?

All your other probs if any.
Alex LS

Post by Alex LS »

Again - on-topic only. This survey is for the cut-out at low revs problem (not any of the older problems). Please only answer if your car has been doing this in the last few months. Use the following format:

1. 1.6 or 2.0?
2. Multiplex or not?
3. What happened?
4. Has the dealer attempted to fix it?
5. What did they do?
6. Did it work?
"It is not an ordinary job. It is not like being manager of Aston Villa." - Gérard Houllier

[url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=386]Owner #386[/url] - [url=http://alexlslfc.users.btopenworld.com/pug/][u]My pug stuff[/u][/url]

Alex LS

Post by Alex LS »

1. 2.0
2. Multiplex
3. Engine cuts out when revs drop (instead of idling). Coming to traffic lights, turning into side-roads etc.
4. Yes
5. S/W download
6. Problem less frequent but still occurs occasionally
"It is not an ordinary job. It is not like being manager of Aston Villa." - Gérard Houllier

[url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=386]Owner #386[/url] - [url=http://alexlslfc.users.btopenworld.com/pug/][u]My pug stuff[/u][/url]

nx

Post by nx »

1. 2.0
2. NOT Multiplex
3. Engine cut out at low speeds, engine revs just plummeted striaght to zero as you lift the clutch - obvioulsy kills all engine assists, brakes, steering etc
4. Been in once to be fixed
5. Dunno what they did
6. Random problem - it hasn't occurred again since the fix....yet!
[url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=180]Owner 180[/url]

Sam1974

Post by Sam1974 »

1. 2.0
2. Multiplex
3. Happened twice both around 30-40 miles an hour, luckily engine has turned back over before having an accident
4. Reported it to the dealer, but nothing has shown up on the computer so they cant do much.
5. nothing
6. n/a

Note: This problem only started after a recent software upgrade.
Cheers

Sam

andrew

Post by andrew »

1. 1.6
2. Multiplex
3. Engine stalls at low rev's usually on cold starts (i.e. left over night or all day
4. Yes
5. upgrading software, when this failed they checked out some other stuff like heated rear screen etc as I have said it may be when alot of electrical stuff is turned on?
6. no
-- Andrew
[url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=429]Ex-Owner 429, now 307cc180[/url]

Emma206

Post by Emma206 »

1. 2.0
2. Pre Multiplex
3. Stopped at lights, out of gear handbrake on. Revs idling when just cut out.
4. didnt bother doing anything about it! as my 106 did it quite often and they said it was in my head!! Touch wood only happened once..was very cold!
5. n/a
6. Not happened for acouple of months
[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/smurfette.gif[/img]
Member No. 188

Pauline

Post by Pauline »

1. 2.0?
2. Multiplex
3. Braking and steering and engine cut out
4. Has the dealer attempted to fix it? Yes
5. What did they do? They couldn't find anything wrong so just uploaded new s/w
6. Did it work? Nope

Has anyone else noticed that the STOP light flashes occasionally?

Mine hasn't done it for a while - famous last words eh?
[url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=204]Owner 204[/url]

jamzee

Post by jamzee »

1. 2.0
2. not multiplex
3. engine died @ low revs for the first time ever yesterday @ roundabouts & junctions b4 it warmed up, then (seemed) fine
4. not taken to dealer yet - will see how things go (fingers crossed)
5. n/a
6. n/a

It was windy & wet yesterday & i was parked on a hill. usually my car is garaged. as above, when the car warmed up it was ok

LouiseR

Post by LouiseR »

Sorry bit late on this but thought you might like to know it's still happening! Mines a Feb 2003 2.0. Hates idling specially when it's cold, hasn't cut out anywhere nasty, and has always restarted on the odd occasion it has. Got the anti pollution warning once, they upgraded the software and that hasn't happened again. I have a KN filter which seems to have helped a bit.
Have also got the squeaky brakes, dodgy oil indicator, rattly exhaust, and the drivers door doesn't close properly when on a slope, and no I wouldn't swop her for a big clock!

chrissieb

Post by chrissieb »

please can someone give me some advise.
have a 1.6 53 206cc and this morning the engine cut out 3 times on the way to work. the engine management light came on. Engine was really ropey. managed to get to work and called the AA out, who ran a diagnostics check and said NO1 cylinder had misfired, and they suspected it was the coil pack. However the engine was now running smoothly and no fault light. Do i need to get a new coil pack? Has been serviced by dealer regularly since I bought it from new.

chrissie

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Chrissie,
If it happened just the one day then it could have been dampness. Does your car stand outside, or is it kept in a warm dry garage? If all is well now then it could have dried out by evaporation when the engine got warm. I wouldn't invest in a new coil pack unless it starts misfiring again.
When was it last serviced? What mileage has it done now and how many miles since last service? Were the spark plugs changed last service?
Welcome to the forum by the way. Incidentally, it would have been preferable to start a brand new thread rather than hijack this survey one. Don't worry about it though, just bear it in mind for the future please.
Thanks,
Ron
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

shagphilunited

Post by shagphilunited »

Hi everyone!!!

Just bought my 206CC second-hand in Hong Kong.

I love it!!! and with my roof down of course......

Actually, it does scare me a lot when i heard that there are lot of elect... failure and the car just stopped!!!

well i just change the harness kit when i bought the car. planning to change the cambelt soon and try to get a peace of mind when spinning the motor about.

i really enjoys it.... i wish peugeot could make it much reliable instead of having a lot little fault.

Happy cruising!!

Phil

princesskeely05

Post by princesskeely05 »

weve just gone to fully check my car and turns out one of the clamps connected ot my battery is a bit battered and keeps coming loose! funny how something as simple as a loose connection can cause such problems! We shall see once repair is done and car has been reset again!

joanna2010

Post by joanna2010 »

Hi
I'm new and have only look for this site as my car keeps cutting out when driving or turning or stopping.............I have a 206cc and it's been happerning for about 6 months. When I go to the dealer they link it up, its says nothing is wrong they change the air filter or had something to the oil or pertrol which does not help!! each time it costs alot and it still does not work. The last time it happened I was doing 70 mph on the motorway and now my car will not start. What do I do, I'm ment to be driving to a university tomorrow for an open day !!! I just want to get rid of the car !! :(

ryebak

Re: Does your engine cut out?

Post by ryebak »

1. 1.6 2001
2. multiplex
3. cuts out at low revs,then its fine after about five minutes.happens everyday sun or snow
4. no
5. n/a
6. n/a

been told could be air filter. i,m guessing everybody is in the same boat,and nobody knows what it is?