NOS?

Exhausts, Air filters and the like.......
Jon H

Post by Jon H »

Been into my Peugeot dealer today to get some problems sorted out on the car (again!).

Talking to the sales manager, they can fit Nitrous Oxide to my car for £570 for +25bhp or £590 for +100bhp.

Is this good value?
Is NOS good (I've seen fast and furious, but doubt it'll have quite that much effect on the car!)

He said that because Pug fit it and supply it, it'll be included in the warranty too!

Seems to good to be true....
Owner 398

Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Ask Paul about this. I beleive he has investigate NOS but found it immposible to insure
"all aboard the Skylark"

stephen T

Post by stephen T »

i would get it in writting that its covered in the warranty. and 100bhp is one hell of a jump. plus hwy tell your insurance? your car is going to be running as standard 99% of the time, so why should u have to pay extra.

TheMinel

Post by TheMinel »

stephen the thing is.. even if you run it 99% without nos, if you have an accident and they have to pay for your car repairs, they will inspect it, and guess what they'll tell you if they find your NOS installation? :lol:
[url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=364]Owner 364[/url]
Mods to date: chrome hoops chrome gear shift surround, Ecosse lexus lights, SP lower grille, chrome washers, EBC greenstuff Brake Pads, clear fog light, Cadamuro Design Back Spoiler, Front Corner Splitters, colour coded bumpers and sides. CAR SOLD
Now: Azure 350Z

dombake

Post by dombake »

As an insurance broker, (not cars) i can tell you, as most people know, you have a duty to your insurance company to disclose any material fact that may or may not affect the insurers level of risk. They can cancel your insurance and not pay any claim, somepeople often find it hard to get cheap (ish) insurance after an event like that! They can also wipe out any No claims if you have them as their contract with you becomes null & Void (as if it never existed)

stephen T

Post by stephen T »

why cant it just be uninstalled if u have an accident?

Alex LS

Post by Alex LS »

Without a trace? And then when by chance the insurance company finds out you get done for fraud as well as driving without valid insurance (not to mention having to fork out for damage to you, your car & whoever/whatever you hit).
"It is not an ordinary job. It is not like being manager of Aston Villa." - Gérard Houllier

[url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=386]Owner #386[/url] - [url=http://alexlslfc.users.btopenworld.com/pug/][u]My pug stuff[/u][/url]

Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I suppose you could but if your in hospital and the cars at the knackers it would be difficult and any way most probably fraudulent ie ciminal.

The insurer will use the contract to wriggle out of paying a claim as it helps keep ther margins up.

Lets say you fitted lexus lights. Doesn't affect performance and the car is legal. Your insurance company doesn't charge extra for lexus lights but you don't tell them.

Then one day some bu**er sticks a dent in you front wing. Not your fault you where in the pub at the time. Little bu**er pi**es off never to be seen again. Your left to make a claim (assuming you have comprehensive cover)

Insurers come allong see Lexus light go yippee horray wriggle wriggle all the way back to bank and refute claim(don't pay out) because you've breached contract they don't have to pay. Regarless of whether your failure to declare has any matterial effect on the claim or whether there is any loss to the insurers. This is of course unfair and the insurers bas**rds but you would still be out of pocket. They might also cansel your insursnce without refund and you may loose any no claims bonus.

It's not worth it
"all aboard the Skylark"

Alex LS

Post by Alex LS »

Lexus lights are different though - you can stick the originals back on in a couple of minutes with no trace ;)
"It is not an ordinary job. It is not like being manager of Aston Villa." - Gérard Houllier

[url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=386]Owner #386[/url] - [url=http://alexlslfc.users.btopenworld.com/pug/][u]My pug stuff[/u][/url]

stephen T

Post by stephen T »

hang on, u just ridiculed my arguement and then made the same statement except for a different item. i would like to know what 'trace' of nos would be left on the car? also it was only a suggestion and if i had nos fitted i would insure it. what about cams? insurance aint ever gunna find that. only problem there though is lumpy ideling.

Alex LS

Post by Alex LS »

Removal of Lexus lights leaves no visible trace as they are a direct replacement.

I'm no expert but I would have thought that a NOS installation would involve pipes, a tank, some connection into the engine. It's certainly not a direct replacement...

I would have thought that it certainly ain't a 2 minute deinstallation - also a police report is more likely to make a note of a NOS installation than what type of rear lights you have.

stephen T

Post by stephen T »

nos isnt like a turbo. it can be removed without to much hassle. nos is just highly flammable, which in turn increases the ' expolsion' in the engine which is used to drive power car. just a few pipes etc... i know ppl hwo have fitted it theirselves.

Jon H

Post by Jon H »

well, I spoke to my insurance company and they won't touch it! (didn't tell them my name though in case I go ahead regardless).

Shame really, as the dealer said they'd put it in writing that I would still be covered under warranty!
Owner 398

stephen T

Post by stephen T »

try adrian flux they do modded cars. they might take you.

Jon H

Post by Jon H »

well, I spoke to my insurance company and they won't touch it! (didn't tell them my name though in case I go ahead regardless).

Shame really, as the dealer said they'd put it in writing that I would still be covered under warranty!

Might go for it anyway, what d'ya reckon?
Owner 398