Passenger side Leak!

Any problems assoicated with leaks
Burge

Post by Burge »

My CC went to the dealer last Wednesday to have a small leak fixed at the bottom of the passenger side door. They said they had refitted the seal! Got it back and waited for rain and lo and behold its still leaking. On further checking the water is sitting in the small channel in the seal and then getting into the car, running down the carpet and sitting in the footwell. The channel in the drivers side is alway bone dry. On Friday I checked under the mat and the carpet was wet. I didn't know whether that was water from the original leak so I got up on Saturday and armed with a hairdryer proceeded to dry out the carpet. I thought I had better start with a clean slate so that I could prove if it was still leaking. Well nice dry carpets now, went to the jetwash and no problem except the water sitting in the channel. When I opened the passenter side door (I was sitting in the Drivers seat) to check the amount of water I noticed that a fair amount of water seemed to run out of the door and was more than a few drips. Could it be that water is getting into the door and unless the door is opened its only means of escape is into my car? Has anybody got any ideas?

On checking the car last night after torrential rain (I have got a teatowel stuffed under the door where the water gets in) I find the carpet up the side is dry but under the mats in the footwell it is dammp and the tops of the mats are bone dry. Where can the water be coming from and could it be possible that water from the original leak is still seeping into my carpet even though I thought it was dry. Sorry this is such a long post but I am loath to take it to the dealer until I have got all my facts together.

Other than that the car is great and no leaks anywhere else just at the bottom of the door!

Burge
[img]http://store5.yimg.com/I/kalinc_1702_4409155[/img]