Can we have an events section ?

Anything related to the 206CC
Mark206cc

Post by Mark206cc »

I still think the PGAC national day at stratford on 02/06/2002 is the best opportunity for the CC club/register to put on a stand.

Any comments and maybe Lyndon would like to add an events section for me to promote meetings of the Peugeot variety.

I will be their with my CC as well as other club CC's and of course Simon for http://www.pugsport-gti.com

Mark

here goes
#########

The PGAC National Day which was reported to be the biggest Peugeot / French car show of 2001 returns in 2002 to the same venue.

Avon Park Raceway aka Shakespear County Raceway
Stratford-Upon-Avon
Longmarston
Midlands
England
£10.00 per person entry fee

On the day 1/4 mile track action, many of the major magazines reporting the event, trophies, prizes.

Guest clubs confirmed already
Renault Sports Club
Saxo Sports Club
Renault 21 Turbo Club
Performance Car Club

MEMBERS

YOU WILL BE SENT PRE-PURCHASE TICKETS ORDER FORMS IN THE FIRST FEW MONTHS OF 2002

NON-MEMBERS - everyone welcome

If you would like to be sent pre-purchase ticket application form (which will also guarantee your car a space in the 'show arena' - if it's not a Pug it can be displayed at either end of the show arena) email mark@peugeot-gti.net forms will be sent out in the first few months of 2002
Peugeot GTi Autosport Club Chairman

rob

Post by rob »

A question that may sound silly to you. The show arena, are people allowed to walk up to the cars and lean all over them and scratch the paint work or are the cars roped off to prevent such accidental damage?

A few peopkle have mentioned to me in e-mails that this worry is what kept them from last years event. I think like me they would cry if someone scratched their car.
Rob

Smart Brabus Roadster - exactly what it says on the badge

Bri

Post by Bri »

Also, what is security like at the car park? If you get a load of cars that people have taken a lot of care over, decending on one location, you are inevitably going to get the sad, jealous minority prowling the un-attended cars in the car park looking for easy pickings?

Bri
[url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=137]Owner 137[/url]

Mark206cc

Post by Mark206cc »

Cars are not specifically ropped off at our shows BUT if you put a stand on anyone is welcome to rope of the cars.

I have never heard of a car being 'chibbed' at a show, I know Simon mentioned it once years ago at trax but there is a massive difference of about 20'000 people and allot less tossers.

No-one parked in the public car park last year...all 350 pugs were displayed with most owners pretty much sticking around their cars. Indeed it was mentioned if anyone did damage a car they would have allot of p****d of individuals to face up to and wouldn't make it out alive.

The event is more of a club show than just anyone dropping by and the price to get in always puts the passing trade off.

All cars are parked within the security fence and the gate in manned by security 24/7.

Other than that, I would recon there is a much higher chance of getting damaged at tesco but its the risk you take.

If the CC's came we could arrange tighter security around them with pleasure.

Mark
Peugeot GTi Autosport Club Chairman

rob

Post by rob »

Thanks Mark, that makes me feel much better.

Now all I have to do is maake sure they dont decide to make me work that weekend again at short notice :sad:
Rob

Smart Brabus Roadster - exactly what it says on the badge

Simon (PugSport)

Post by Simon (PugSport) »

Rob,

Don't worry Rob.. I had the same concerns but having displayed at a lot of shows in the last couple of years..Had No trouble (touch wood)

Trax in 1998 was bad apparently... But since then the only car that have been getting damaged have been on the Circuit.. :0)))
Simon
MoonStone 206CC SE
[email]simon@pugsport-gti.com[/email]

[url=http://www.pugsport-gti.com][b]PugSport-GTi Performance Tuning[/b][/url] & [url=http://www.pugsport-gti.co.uk][b]Performance 206 Group[/b][/url]