Roof "Permanent Fault. Time for left and right locked boot loss of contact"

All your roof problems here.
NIIIO

Roof "Permanent Fault. Time for left and right locked boot loss of contact"

Post by NIIIO »

Hi guys!

I bought a Peugeot 206 cc 2004 one month ago, and the roof was working well, then suddenly stopped working and the relays and hydraulic pump didn't received energy and I discovered that the fuse F9 was broken, so I replaced and the relays and pump started working again, but anyway the roof doesn't open.
I bought Peugeot Planet 2000 and checked the operation and this is the message I get:

"Permanent Fault. Time for left and right locked boot loss of contact"

So, as I can see, seems like the left and right switches that lock the boot are not working. They don't open and close.
I activated the relays manually and they work well and the pump start working, but the switches doesn't do anything. they just don't work.

So, do you have any idea how to fix this? I'm not sure if I have to replace those switches or if it could be wire or a mechanical problem or they just don't receive energy and that's why they don't get activated.

Look, here is a reference picture of the locks I'm talking about:

Any idea of what to do to fix this situation? :) Thank you!!

IanL

Re: Roof "Permanent Fault. Time for left and right locked boot loss of contact"

Post by IanL »

Are the latches which are manually operated to move the roof by hand in the correct position? - see the handbook.

NIIIO

Post by NIIIO »

Hi IanL! Thanks for your answer.

Yes, they are in the correct position. I even tried moving them up and down and nothing happened. As if the locks don't receive the signal from the relays to open and to close.

Look, I left them in this position:

IanL

Post by IanL »

One of the most common faults is the switches in the latches at the top of the windscreen getting mucky, and not making contact to show the latches are open. Sometimes a spray of switch-cleaning fluid is all it needs (use the kind without lubricant, as lubricant acts as a dirt magnet).

You will have to move the roof a little in manual to get access.