Airco cold, warm, cold, warm etc

Electrical 206CC problems
cooknl

Airco cold, warm, cold, warm etc

Post by cooknl »

My 2005 1600 CC had a major airco problem namely:
Airco on in first few minutes nice and cold, drive a few meters and it becomes warm after a while it got somewhat colder but after that it just gave ambient air temp.
Many airco people found that the high pressure was too high after a few minutes running but couldnt figure out why.
After doing some research diagnostics THINKING TOGETHER WITH MY LOCAL GARAGE, we let the car run idle for a while and watched the pressures, well the known high pressure showed AND the fan was always running high speed when airco was turned on.
Wow Fan speed weird shouldnt run so high, put some paper in front of the fan and found it was BLOWING towards the front of the car instead of sucking cool air from the outside thru the radiator and the airco condensor.

Diagnoses FAN turning the wrong way was sucking instead of blowing.
Solution in the relay compartment left of the fan we changed the location of the 2 fan wires yello/green and the blue wires around and BINGO airco working perfect staying cold all the time and fan running the right direction.

This is a very strange problem that was not easy to remedy, but finally was found and fixed.
I post this in case anyone else runs into this type of airco problem, hope this helps someone.

Rob

IanL

Re: Airco cold, warm, cold, warm etc

Post by IanL »

Well, that is quite a surprise.

I have heard of magnets spontaneously changing their polarity, so. if the motor is a permanent magnet type, be aware that it could change back!

cooknl

Post by cooknl »

IanL wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:56 am Well, that is quite a surprise.

I have heard of magnets spontaneously changing their polarity, so. if the motor is a permanent magnet type, be aware that it could change back!
Ian I am not aware of how that spontaneous polarity change can ocur, is that due to heat or???? :?

//

IanL

Post by IanL »

I don't know either.