Can the esp/asr function be turned off in com 2000??

Electrical 206CC problems
cooknl

Can the esp/asr function be turned off in com 2000??

Post by cooknl »

Hi was wondering my car has the wrong version of the com 2000 in it can de esp/asr function be turned off in the com 2000?

Thx
Rob

cooknl

Re: Can the esp/asr function be turned off in com 2000??

Post by cooknl »

Or must it be done and can it be done in the BSI???

IanL

Post by IanL »

The ESP has an on/off switch on the dash, to the right of the ignition switch. It connects to the BSI, but not the COM2000. I assume it is a simple contact switch, so it could be turned off in the BSI, but why not just use the switch?

cooknl

Post by cooknl »

OK youre observation is very valid, only the problem I am havingis that the com2000 (directional/wipers/steering sensor/radio control/cruise control unit has been replaced by the wrong system so I have the triangle light and the dash display constantly warning that the esp/asr sytem has been turned off.
So beings a new 6242H5 unit costs around 500 euros, i would like instead deactivate the esp/asr system completely in the BSI. That way the klick light and the dash display warning wont come on anymore.
I dont want or need the system anyway.

IanL

Post by IanL »

I think you may be mistaken in thinking that disabling ESP/ASR would remove the indication. The indication is arising because the display logic is receiving erroneous data due to the wrong COM2000 being fitted. Presumably, the display logic appropriate to the COM2000 you have would not do this. Bear in mind that the signaling between units is multiplexed digital data.

Short of fitting the correct COM2000, I think it is likely the firmware in the display logic ROM would have to be changed to overcome the problem. I don't think that is a practical proposition.

What might work would be to try to use the configuration setup provided by Peugeot Planet to "tell" the BSI that ESP/ASR is not fitted. That could possibly reconfigure the display logic, but no guarantee.

cooknl

Post by cooknl »

That is my intention to tell the BSI that ESP/ASR is not fitted if that is possible to do. I realise that its not possible to do it to the com 2000 now.
Another question i have just now located a exact same com 2000 as fitted from the factory, can by fitting the correct com 2000 aliviate or erase any conflicting errors in the BSI? or will that be automatic beings the correct part is again installed?

IanL

Post by IanL »

Assuming the original part required no special configuration, the replacement should work without error.

If not, it may be that just a BSI reboot will be required.

Alternatively, you may have to perform the configuration exercise with Peugeot Planet (or have a dealer or another owner with the hardware and software do it for you). It is quite quick to do, as I found when I fitted cruise control, but I had to perform a BSI reboot afterwards, as the multi-function display had become totally corrupt.

cooknl

Post by cooknl »

IanL,

Thanx for the info, i just bought the used com 2000 and be replacing it soon. Will comment here how it went.