Speedometer reading wrong

Electrical 206CC problems
Pega72

Speedometer reading wrong

Post by Pega72 »

Hello! I need help. I have not seen such a thing. It would be a Peugeot 206 cabrio. Since I bought it, both the tachometer and the speedometer show much less than the actual value. I took the plunge and bought a speed sensor. I wanted to replace it today. The cable was not connected to the transmitter. I thought this was the problem. I'm looking for the connector and it's nowhere to be found. There is no sign of cutting. How does it measure speed? True, 50 less, but it still measures. Did a 206 come out of the factory, on which the speed measurement technique had already been changed, and an older type gearbox was put on it, in which the transmitter remained? Maybe another idea?

IanL

Re: Speedometer reading wrong

Post by IanL »

Does the error persist with the ignition on but the engine off? The most common cause of tacho and speedo gross error is that the gauges are misaligned with the transmitters. You correct this by removing the plastic cover of the panel and moving the needles gently by hand until they jump to the correct positions.