Low speed engine fan not working- where are these parts physically

Electrical 206CC problems
Zillon

Low speed engine fan not working- where are these parts physically

Post by Zillon »

HI

I'm hoping someone has has a similar problem and can point me in the right direction.... I have a 2003 206cc 1600 with aircon

The coolant fan doesn't start when the ac is turned on and clutch engages.The high speed fan works fine

I've changed the 2 fan relays and low speed resistor with new parts and cleaned up the contacts.
I now need to do some serious debug but I can't take the bumper off for access so have limited access to parts.

Can someone tell me physically in the engine where are the following parts....
1/ Air coolant temp thermistor
2/ Air conditioner coolant temp unit
3/ Diagnostic Connector

See the attachments for the wiring diagram
where are these physically.jpg
I have The torque app with an ELM 327 but no access to the peugeot tool to turn the fan on. The FAP app doesn't work unfortunately and Torque doesn't appear to let me control the fans

I figure this could be a wiring harness issue or a problem the low speed relays now being switched on when ac is switched... I just can't figure where to probe with a multimeter...

any pointers would be gratefully received - my big issue is access so I'm looking for easily accessible probe points

john
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

IanL

Re: Low speed engine fan not working- where are these parts physically

Post by IanL »

The diag connector is behind the removable panel above the driver's right knee, together with the internal fuses and the BSI. You will not get much joy with ELM diagnostics with Peugeot - you need Peugeot Planet software and the proprietary dongle (Lexia 3). The real McCoy is an arm and a leg, but Chinese copies are available on EBay.

EDIT: See this post for suggested sources.