Advice Please?

Anything related to the 206CC
Lady Python

Advice Please?

Post by Lady Python »

I'm probably posting in the wrong place (again) so will understand if the Mods move this.

Sadly, I am going to have to put my beloved 206cc to the Great Scrapyard in the Sky :(

Sourcing parts (axle) plus the cost involved for maybe one more year's MOT isn't really viable. She is 20 years old so has had a long life. Given I only paid £490 for her and had her much longer than I thought I would, I've certainly had my money's worth.

Loved the fun aspect of the 206cc and the open roof (when we get the weather) plus my one was reliable no matter what the weather was like. I'm now considering either a 207cc or a 308cc. Whichever one I choose will be diesel this time.

Has anyone got experience of either of these two models and if so, advise me on what to look out for, any quirks they might have and so on please?

gazza82

Re: Advice Please?

Post by gazza82 »

Diesel? Seen the price of a gallon recently? I'm also of the opinion that HM Government are going to target the oil burners for higher taxes after having been misled for years by the scientists and experts that say these are "cleaner" than petrol vehicles.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Lady Python

Re: Advice Please?

Post by Lady Python »

gazza82 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:19 am Diesel? Seen the price of a gallon recently? I'm also of the opinion that HM Government are going to target the oil burners for higher taxes after having been misled for years by the scientists and experts that say these are "cleaner" than petrol vehicles.
Nope but know that the prices are ridiculous whether it's petrol or diesel. We're going to be fleeced no matter what fuel we use. Even those with electric cars are feeling the pinch with gas and electric going through the roof. The war on the motorist continues unabated!