Window Control Switch Versions,

Electrical 206CC problems
Krustie

Window Control Switch Versions,

Post by Krustie »

My old window switch for the 2005 CC has stopped working and is completely worn out. I have tried three Chinese copies, the latest was an Autohaux 6554WA so it said. All behave weirdly, and all the same. The windows all open when the ignition is turned on. The auto function does not work. You press the switch to make the windows go up and lift to make them go down. None if these switches, nor the original Peugeot switch have a part number engraved on them. Are there different versions? They are sufficiently different inside that I can't rebuild the old switch with new pieces. Should I bite the bullet and buy an OEM switch? Note, when the Peugeot switch in the past worked, it worked correctly.

IanL

Re: Window Control Switch Versions,

Post by IanL »

I have looked at the wiring diagram in the Service Box. The switches actually signal to the Roof ECU, which controls the windows. There is one wire per switch which goes to the Roof ECU, and it either carries earth, or +12V, depending which way the switch is pressed. I assume that, when a switch is not pressed, there is no connection. It may be that the internal wiring of the switches is reversed, such that up becomes down, and vice-versa. That could explain why the auto function does not work, but does not explain why the windows go down when the ignition is turned on. There must be some other feature, which I do not see, which lets the Roof ECU know whether the windows are up or down at switch-on, and that is also reversed.

Have you tried getting a price for an OEM switch? They may no longer be available from Peugeot. If so, a car breaker may be the only other recourse.

Krustie

Post by Krustie »

Thanks, I didn't realize it goes through the roof ECU, makes sense. So I went and ordered a new OEM switch via the local Peugeot people. Ouch! 30 days from France, assuming it's still available there.

IanL

Post by IanL »

I hope that works. If not, there may be an issue with the Roof ECU.

Just out of interest, how much is the new switch?

Krustie

Post by Krustie »

Well, the new genuine Peugeot windows switch took almost two months to arrive. I see it was made in Tunisia, which makes a change from China! So this morning I swapped out the Chinese switch and voila, the new one works perfectly. I guess the Chinese switches might work on a 206 but they sure don't on a 206CC. As you might expect the cost was high, approx 130 pounds. I think Peugeot in Chile marks up spares by about a factor two. So filled with enthusiasm I tried to open the roof, that still makes noises like it's telling me a sensor isn't right. In the mean time I've also replaced the COMM2000 with a Peugeot part, luckily I found a new one at a reasonable price in Chile at an on-line parts shop. That was after trying a new lights stalk on the old one, after 6 times in and out struggling with poor contacts and wear, I gave up.

IanL

Post by IanL »

Good to know the new switch worked, even though the price was :evil:

There is a lot of experience in the roof section which may be of help, If not, feel free to describe the symptoms.