Not starting

Electrical 206CC problems
Pjp

Re: Not starting

Post by Pjp »

Ian I’ve finally resolved the wire colour discrepancy, after hand balling the wire from the engine fuse box found a bad crimped connector I fault this may have the original fault, but I still hadn’t found where the wire changed from red to blue, so decided to carry on. I found a 4 wire multi plug under the engine ECU where the wire changed from red to blue checked continuity and discovered it was on circuit, but the strange part is that the blue wire did not go to the engine ECU, it goes to the BSI unit under the steering wheel then back to the ECU!. I couldn’t identify which connector on the BSI!, anyway replaced the wire from the engine fuse box to the blue wire, cut out the faulty connector box and now car is running ok. I still had the air bag fault which I traced to a bad connection under the drivers seat.(as you said). So even though fault is fixed still don’t know what the connection is that blue wire feeds on BSI. Thanks for your assistance. Phil

IanL

Post by IanL »

Good to hear of your success. I am surprised about the wire going to the BSI (or via the BSI), but it may be that the wire has no function to the BSI and therefore is not shown on the diagram. Not a very convincing theory, but there are so many variations in these cars, that it may be expediency not to modify the harnesses to eliminate the anomaly.

Pjp

Post by Pjp »

Ian I did try running the car with the wire to the BSI disconnected but it didn’t throw and fault codes up, I did think it may be using this wire as immobiliser, but as I have the correct key and immobiliser isn’t active, I.e no immobiliser faults, car still started, but as you advised I’ve reconnected the wire and left as installed.
As the saying goes if you don’t know what it does, Leave it alone. 😁

Pjp

Post by Pjp »

Ian I did try running the car with the wire to the BSI disconnected but it didn’t throw any fault codes up, I did think it may be using this wire as immobiliser, but as I have the correct key and immobiliser isn’t active, I.e no immobiliser faults, car still started, but as you advised I’ve reconnected the wire and left as installed.
As the saying goes if you don’t know what it does, Leave it alone. 😁

IanL

Post by IanL »

Pjp wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:03 pm As the saying goes if you don’t know what it does, Leave it alone. 😁
Very wise :thumbs: