Roof not working

All your roof problems here.
ljnuxxx

Roof not working

Post by ljnuxxx »

Hello all!
I just bought some weeks ago a 206 cc. Roof worked fine till yesterday, when it could not close anymore. I noticed a leak of oil on the central piston :cry: , so I replaced the o-ring and the broken seal (got the piston off - replaced things - got the piston back on).
I also fitted up the oil on the pump following the fantastic guide on this subforum.
But now.. when I press the roof button nothing happens :(
While I drive I have the beep all the time. Tried with roof up (got it manually) and down (manually too) but nothing happens!

Can someone help me?
And excuse me for my bad english.

thank you very much!

IanL

Re: Roof not working

Post by IanL »

If nothing at all happens, one possibility is the roof operating switch is faulty, or it is not receiving 12V. Check Fuse F12 in the BSI (cabin fusebox). If that's ok, check for 12V with ignition on at Pin 2B (wire no 6173D) on the operating switch. Sometimes, the cable to the operating switch goes faulty.

ljnuxxx

Post by ljnuxxx »

IanL wrote:If nothing at all happens, one possibility is the roof operating switch is faulty, or it is not receiving 12V. Check Fuse F12 in the BSI (cabin fusebox). If that's ok, check for 12V with ignition on at Pin 2B (wire no 6173D) on the operating switch. Sometimes, the cable to the operating switch goes faulty.
The switch is working, because as soon as I get the engine on I have no beeps. If i click the switch (up or down, no differences) it starts beeping.

Should I reset something maybe?

ljnuxxx

Post by ljnuxxx »

Another thing: while I drive it beeps continuosly. If I stop it stops beeping.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

That is possibly a wiring joint in the boot behind the boot lid trim .. is your upper brake light out too?

It's a speed sensor thing and thinks the boot is open over 5mph!
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

ljnuxxx

Post by ljnuxxx »

just cleaned and manually toggled all the microswitches. Problem is solved!

Spitfire6

Post by Spitfire6 »

I drive over a bump or manually push on the passenger side front boot to stop the blipping.
Used to it. Stopping the rear demister is annoying.
Peugeot 206 CC 2L 16V 4cyl 2002. QX 3 5W40 Oil. Lamps 80% LED. 5% HID.
Triumph GT6 CC 2L5 12V 6Cyl 1972. QX 3 5W40 Oil. Lamps 98% LED.
G6SBH.
Siemens Controls & SW Engineer.

Jvc 206CC

Post by Jvc 206CC »

Hello guys..
I just recent bought a Peugeot 206 1.6 cc.. I had many cars and most of them was peugeot.. I am a Peugeot lover, my girlfriend have a Peugeot my brother have a Peugeot and my mum has a Peugeot I have convinced them to buy the peugeot car... Anyway I just recent bought a Peugeot 206 1.6 cc for me is a dream car I love it black with leather seats.. But when I bought it came with roof problem.. It doesn't open, or close no signal,, the only thing I hear is a biping when I press the button for the roof .. I have seen so many videos on YouTube.. Because of that I have bought a new roof computer, I have bought the front Hinge driver said.. Still nothing.. I love the car but I am getting a bit desperate.. Please anyone can help me please
Forever with be grateful
And invite you all peugeot lovers to come to my work place to celebrate
Kind regards
Jvc 206CC
:neo: jvc 206CC

Spitfire6

Post by Spitfire6 »

Having the means to see the status of switches helps. ie PP2000 SW & HW.
G6SBH.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Jvc 206CC wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:22 am Hello guys..
I just recent bought a Peugeot 206 1.6 cc.. I had many cars and most of them was peugeot.. I am a Peugeot lover, my girlfriend have a Peugeot my brother have a Peugeot and my mum has a Peugeot I have convinced them to buy the peugeot car... Anyway I just recent bought a Peugeot 206 1.6 cc for me is a dream car I love it black with leather seats.. But when I bought it came with roof problem.. It doesn't open, or close no signal,, the only thing I hear is a biping when I press the button for the roof .. I have seen so many videos on YouTube.. Because of that I have bought a new roof computer, I have bought the front Hinge driver said.. Still nothing.. I love the car but I am getting a bit desperate.. Please anyone can help me please
Forever with be grateful
And invite you all peugeot lovers to come to my work place to celebrate
Kind regards
Jvc 206CC
Starting at the basics, have you closed the pull-out cover in the boot and is the micro-switch working?

There are lots of threads on here about roof problems .. you just need to work you way through one step at a time.

And don't just swap out parts because "youtube" tells you too .. that is often a great way to waste money!
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Jvc 206CC

Post by Jvc 206CC »

Th :love-thx:
I have checked the microswitchs.. I have changed the driver hinge. There is a microswitch... Still not having the bunging noise from the dashboard.. Only when I press the button to open or close the roof I hear the continuously biping...

Spitfire6

Post by Spitfire6 »

Probably timed out.
G6SBH.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Our switch died once .. can't remember if it "pinged" though

IanL

Post by IanL »

I think I remember someone had this problem, and it turned out to be the speed sensor in the transmission. If the roof ECU does not get a signal that the car's speed is less than 7mph, it will not let the roof move.

Jvc 206CC

Post by Jvc 206CC »

Today I open manually the roof with a friend and I asked him to hold the boot when I was closing the windows.. From nothing I touched the roof button and for the first time time I heard the pump working, but no movement.. Still no bugging sound on the dashboard only beeping.. I saw online peugeot forum about the the same problem was sorted bumping the oil from the pump to the boot door.. Like we do with the brakes so it takes the air out... I going to do that tomorrow see if it works...
I have checked the ecu, and bought a new one from the roof, I have changed the driver microswitch and checked all the microswitchs, finally put some wd-40 on the roof hinges... Don't know what to do.. Definitely is not the electric connection to the roof... The only thing I can remember is my car is showing an antipollution fault, and I am thinking that probably that's the problem.. Please let me what you guys think..
Best Peugeot wishes
Jvc 206CC