Replacement back-box help please!

Anything related to the 206CC
Rubyoptics

Replacement back-box help please!

Post by Rubyoptics »

Hello again all!

Sadly, my exhaust back-box has been eaten through, and whilst the car now sounds like a 7 litre V8, it's also rather embarrasing! Looking for a replacement and just wanted to know if a standard S16 206 Gti back-box will fit the CC?? I know the mid-pipe is different but i'm fairly sure the back-box mounting is the same as the non-CC car?
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

IanL

Re: Replacement back-box help please!

Post by IanL »

According to the Service box, the 2.0 138 CC, the 2.0 138 3door, and the GT all use different rear boxes. It does not say what the differences are.

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Thank you Ian and so sorry for not getting back to you sooner..this whole plague crap completely threw this out of my mind...and poor Lizzie has been sitting there all unloved! As this is my first car...if I am looking at "universal" fitting rear silencers...is there anything I need to know?
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Rubyoptics wrote:Thank you Ian and so sorry for not getting back to you sooner..this whole plague crap completely threw this out of my mind...and poor Lizzie has been sitting there all unloved! As this is my first car...if I am looking at "universal" fitting rear silencers...is there anything I need to know?
You might struggle to find a universal silencer due to the way it connects to the main pipe and the position of the tail-pipe in the bumper cutout.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

If this:-

"2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages."

applies to your car, then I would think a standard box wont fit anyway.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

SAnt

Post by SAnt »

After raplacing the back box on mine and having it blow again within a few years, I've now gone for custom built stainless steel. It'll outlive the rest of the car & should work out cheaper in the long run, in fact it was cheaper than I expected. Just have a look for local custom exhausts.
2002 206cc 2.0 Manual