Lexia3 pp2000 full chip

Anything related to the 206CC
Fihen

Lexia3 pp2000 full chip

Post by Fihen »

Hi all advice needed. I tried to purchase above scanner from eBay product out of China and the supplier says it will not fit my 206cc 1.6 engine. Is this a falsehood ????

gazza82

Re: Lexia3 pp2000 full chip

Post by gazza82 »

No idea but I know the CD that came with my Lexia3 kit from Aliexpress had more viruses than I could count .. my a/v software went nuts!
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

IanL

Post by IanL »

Yes, it is nonsense. Who knows why. It should work perfectly with your vehicle.

The software is cracked to overcome the protections applied by PSA, so it has a lot of features which share characteristics of malware. It is best used on an old Windows XP laptop which is not networked and not connected to the web, just to give you peace of mind. However, I have used it on other PCs (which do interface to the web), by means of a Windows XP virtual machine (VM) running VMWare Workstation Player (free for non-commercial use), and have never had any problem with viruses. I think there is no anti-virus software installed on the VM, so one is not troubled with false positives.

When installing the software (there are some helpful videos on YouTube), do not plug the Lexia interface into the PC until prompted, or the drivers will not install properly, and you will have to start again.

Fihen

Post by Fihen »

Good advice thank you. As it so happens I have an old windows so laptop . Just a note as I was having trouble getting the engine to start as well as being in economy mode active. I followed the advice on this forum all to no avail and walked away from vehicle locking it as I did. Today I went and unlocked the car and would you believe it it started.

IanL

Post by IanL »

Oh, the joys of PSA electronics :?

Spitfire6

Post by Spitfire6 »

IanL wrote:Oh, the joys of PSA electronics :?
Hi, I would say it's the poorly written software guys who are to blame. Was the main system module built by PSA?
Peugeot 206 CC 2L 16V 4cyl 2002. QX 3 5W40 Oil. Lamps 80% LED. 5% HID.
Triumph GT6 CC 2L5 12V 6Cyl 1972. QX 3 5W40 Oil. Lamps 98% LED.
G6SBH.
Siemens Controls & SW Engineer.

IanL

Post by IanL »

Spitfire6 wrote:
IanL wrote:Oh, the joys of PSA electronics :?
Hi, I would say it's the poorly written software guys who are to blame. Was the main system module built by PSA?
You may have a point, but, in my book, the Prime Contractor bears overall responsibility to ensure that his subcontractors' products are fit for purpose.