Sump gasket

Post by Rick33 »

Hi all I need to replace my sump gasket
On a 53 reg. 1600. 16 v petrol
Is it easy to do

Capncol

Re: Sump gasket

Post by Capncol »

Not too bad. Drop the exhaust, and make sure gasket surfaces are clean and dry (best to leave the sump off overnight and let residual oil drip out before cleaning)
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Rick33

Post by Rick33 »

Thank you

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Is it a gasket or is it sealant?
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Rick33

Post by Rick33 »

Some one has used red sealant before. On it . I haven't taken it off yet

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Sump has been off before? Make sure you check oil pump pick-up is clear. Over enthusiastic application of sealer ends up in there.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.

Rick33

Post by Rick33 »

Hi I haven’t done all the bolts on my sump , and drop the exhaust but I can only get it to come down about an inch that is the sump do I need to remove the rear engine mount bracket ,
As there is not a lot of room between the bracket and the sump , And when I phoned Peugeot they give me a a rubber gasket for the sump, There doesn’t seem to be any recess for the rubber gasket to sitting .?
Any help would be appreciated thank you

Rick33

Post by Rick33 »

Hi I have removed all the nuts and bolts from my sump dropped the exhaust it’s come down about an inch ,
There is not a lot of room between the sump and the rear engine mount do I have to remove the rear engine mount to drop the sump ,
When I phoned Peugeot they give me a gasket for my sump but I cannot see any recess for it to fit in is that the case any help would be appreciated thank you

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Haven't done one for a while, but i can only remember taking exhaust off. If I get a chance, I can have a look tomorrow at our sump.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

Rick33

Post by Rick33 »

Thank you

Rick33

Post by Rick33 »

On the rubber sump gasket do you think I just sandwich it between the two and just tighten all the bolts up
?