206cc, 2.0 - Airbag fault

Electrical 206CC problems
Salter

206cc, 2.0 - Airbag fault

Post by Salter »

Hi

Please could someone help, I've got the airbag light fault coming on and off.

I think I've found the fault to be the wiring under the driver seat, if you push the connections in or wiggle them a little, the light goes off but then comes back on randomly.

Any idea's on how to solve it properly ?

Thanks

gazza82

Re: 206cc, 2.0 - Airbag fault

Post by gazza82 »

Don't wiggle it too much with ignition on ... you could fire the seat airbag.

The wiring connections in the plug are in need of tightening, there's a broken wire/connection or try pulling it together with a tie wrap to force the two halves together.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Salter

Post by Salter »

Thanks for your help. The cable ties worked for a few days then came back on.

I did want to take the connectors apart to have a look. Is there a correct sequence to do this? Think it's disconnect the battery for 10 mins but is there anything else to look out for?

batso

Post by batso »

I'll jump into this thread.

I'm about to go hunting for an airbag fault, but before I get to far into it - three wires under the passenger seat.

I suspect two are for the air bag.

What's the third one for? Seatbelt?

Lady Python

Post by Lady Python »

I had this problem with my 206cc recently (again). Here's what we did:

Took the switch assembly out from under the seat. Made sure all the connections were good. DO NOT SWITCH ON THE IGNITION BEFORE DOING THIS.

Checked all the fuses were properly seated.

Above the fusebox and to the left of the steering column, there is a large blue connector. We noticed one of the connections wasn't seated properly (probably the culprit) so pushed it home properly.

BINGO! Airbag warning light off and so far it's stayed off. The blue connector seems to be the most likely culprit. Picked up on that from a post on here from a couple of years back.

Hope this helps.