Portal » Forum   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Portal » Forum 206CC Forums 206CC General

Headlamp Compatability

Anything related to the 206CC

Headlamp Compatability

Postby NICKWOOD1329 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:26 am

Hi Guys

Firstly apologies if this has been answered before but I did check the site.

Drove my RHD 2002 206CC 2.0 SE down to Spain a couple of years ago. Last year put through ITV, (MOT), all good until got to headlamps. Got through with stick on converters but advised to gat headlamps which dip to the right, continental ones.

Thought this would just be a case of buying ones for LHD & fitting on my RHD but have been told by company on eBay this is not the case.

Can anyone advise please?

If anyone is exporting car down there & wants advice to register just contact, not nearly as difficult as you think, but you will need someone who can speak Spanish.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Nick
NICKWOOD1329

Re: Headlamp Compatability

Postby IanL » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:19 am

I don't know the answer, but it occurs to me that there may be differences between LHD and RHD in harness connectors, to prevent fitting the wrong headlamps on the production line.

If that sounds far-fetched, that it exactly what happened to me. I bought a SAAB, new, and after some years (never really happy with the lights) a stone punched a hole in the glass of one, so I wizzed round to the dealer for a replacement. Being a suspicious sod, I offered it up for a visual comparison before departing, and, you guessed it, it dipped the other way. Back to the parts counter, and told him he's sold me a LHD lamp. So we went down to the car, verified the discrepancy, and compared with others in the showroom to find I had two LHD lamps fitted to my RHD car.

Fine, I said, I'll have two new lamps on SAAB, please. They hummed and hawed, but gave me one, and said they'd ask SAAB about the other. Sure enough, SAAB authorised a refund for the replacement for the broken one.

Somewhat off-topic, but I like the story :D
IanL

Postby gazza82 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:29 am

I certainly would take anything a ebay seller says with a "pinch of salt" ... I've seen some wild and interesting claims about what car parts for what model and not limited to the 206 either.

I'd be very surprised if Peugeot went to the expensive of different looms for rhd/lhd but it also wouldn't be hard to convert the wiring if you needed to ..

I converted my 206 hatch from the old H4 headlights to dual H7 crystals with a bit of extra wiring, two relays, a small fuse box and two headlight plugs from a breaker! :-) [Again I was told by several "experts" that the wiring for the different type of headlights was already in the car and tucked away .. so, so wrong!]
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Alfa Romeo MiTo, Renault Clio II 1.5dCi
gazza82

Postby soniafrance » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:03 am

Hi

I just had new lamps fitted here in France ready for the Mot next week. I bought mine on Amazon, they cost about 50 euros each brand new. Amazon delivered in about ,4 days. They make the car look great. The mechanic fitted them I believe it's a straight swap....
206 CC 2.0l 2003
soniafrance

Postby NICKWOOD1329 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:08 pm

Thanks to everyone, especially Sonia, perfect way for me to go forward as I can fit myself.

Love the story about the Saab, & as for gazza82, Rock on mate, enjoy.
NICKWOOD1329

Return to 206CC General