p1337 Code on cold starts

Electrical 206CC problems
Daiced

Re: p1337 Code on cold starts

Post by Daiced »

Here are the results of the obd scanner. Does this help my case ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Daiced

Post by Daiced »

I've recorded how the issue presents itself if that help.

https://youtu.be/Mhh57D-TLXU

Although weirdly enough i got another code this time which i've never gotten before which was the p1336.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

P1336 is pointing to the crank sensor

P1337 seems to point to coil pack #1 (hence my question about type of plugs!

it MIGHT also be due to the timing being out ... have you tried googling p1137 Peugeot?
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Daiced

Post by Daiced »

The timing belt has been changed a year ago. But i've been thinking about the coil pack for a long time now. Is there anyway to test the pack? I do feel that the car don't have the 110hp that it's supposed to have.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

There probably is but I don't know how. (It was so mush easier with single coils and HT leads!)

In UK the test is usually to fit another known-working one. I'd also suggest pulling a plug and checking the make.

If you are down on power that could also be the timing is out .. one tooth will be enough!
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Daiced

Post by Daiced »

Well when the mechanic switched the timing belt he said that it had been wrong by two teeth, but it's a well known shop so i'm confident in the fact that the job was done right this time.

I'll have to take a look at those plugs when i get the time for it.

Daiced

Post by Daiced »

Capncol wrote:Back to basics. If you can get live data from your code reader. Immediately from a cold start, look at the fuel trim, IAT and coolant temp. and let us know readings versus ambient air temp. I suspect it may be a little lean on start up.

Does the readings tell you anything about the possible cause?

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Yes but you need to compare with ambient. You have told me what the ECU sees. Take the 3rd pic for example. If engine has been running for 20 mins and outside air temp (if car was outside) was 12 deg, then those readings are all over the place
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Daiced

Post by Daiced »

Capncol wrote:Yes but you need to compare with ambient. You have told me what the ECU sees. Take the 3rd pic for example. If engine has been running for 20 mins and outside air temp (if car was outside) was 12 deg, then those readings are all over the place
Ambient temp was 0-1 celsius and those pictures are taken over the course of 10 minutes

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

They look ok except for initial fuel trim. Can you repeat test and check both O2 readings and post They should be fluctuating so can you give max and min fings and whether OL or CL operation?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.

Daiced

Post by Daiced »

The thing i don't get is why the fuel trim goes to zero when the car is having the problem. As well as why the fuel trim always is negative before the issue occurs but turns positive after the restart.

I'll take a look at the readings tomorrow and report back

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

This is why I've asked you to look at O2 readings :D
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

Daiced

Post by Daiced »

Capncol wrote:They look ok except for initial fuel trim. Can you repeat test and check both O2 readings and post They should be fluctuating so can you give max and min fings and whether OL or CL operation?
Okay, now i have 2 days left before i leave to my hometown where the weather is better so tomorrow i can do the test you asked for, but i don't quite understand what you meant.

Which O2 readings are you referring to?

Daiced

Post by Daiced »

This is how it looks on the throttle app during start up vs after the restart

Start up. https://youtu.be/DNT_Mlcrzao

After the restart. https://youtu.be/KLCIle8Migg

Oh and btw I have changed the sensor without any difference

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Both O2 (lambda) readings (sometimes listed as S1B1 & S2B1)
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)