information please

Anything related to the 206CC
micky1

information please

Post by micky1 »

hi guys I have a 2005 206cc 2.0L allure and the fan belt has just started making a noise and when checked it is slack and not broken have heard it might be tensioner how hard is it to replace if this is the case and what one is on the 2.0L models as I have read there is two different ones the spring one and the one that you can adjust. thanks for any help cheers micky1.

gazza82

Re: information please

Post by gazza82 »

Only one is listed for the 2.0L engine on ServiceBox .. part no 5751 61 ... and that is the self tensioner
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

micky1

Post by micky1 »

hi thanks had a look at it today but that looks fine but the belt has slipped behind the other little wheel that runs next to it but don't know what is does the belt comes down from the top pulley then goes under this one but it has pushed in behind it instead of sitting on it. do you know what this is for thanks . you have all the big pulleys then you have the tensioner and this other little wheel sitting just across from it. cheers micky1.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Just an idler wheel. Spins .. does nothing else.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Tensioner has probably failed causing the belt to run out of line. Replace tensioner AND belt
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.