Portal » Forum   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Portal » Forum 206CC Forums 206CC General

Heater control lighting (manual unit)

Anything related to the 206CC

Heater control lighting (manual unit)

Postby rhume » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:53 pm

The lighting behind my heater controls was very dim and only on the left hand side. So using my second hand 206 Haynes Manual I set to to do this simple job.!!!

What an absolute pig. Removing radio and dash was straightforward enough. I unscrewed control panel and flipped it over expecting removable bulb holders. Er no :scratch:

Only way to access the lamps is to split the whole unit into two halves. To do this you have to remove wiring and control cables from controls. Removed whole unit from car and took it inside. The unit has some very nice aftermarket knobs on it that were pushed on with a mallet I presume. 30 mins of wrestling with tabs I finally got them off. have put some white grease on knobs in case I ever need to remove them again. Refitting wires for controls was best done with the unit outside the dash and then I carefully re-inserted it.

If the lamps were in removable holders I wouldn't even have had to unscrew it from car.

Mind it nice and bright now :lol:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find myself the owner of 2 silver Peugeots: 206cc Allure and a 4007 (7 seat 4x4)
rhume

Re: Heater control lighting (manual unit)

Postby Spitfire6 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:28 pm

So you had a nice day of work playing with the car.
Sounds fun.
I will be turning my illumination down a click from now on.
Cheers,
Iain.
206 CC 2L 16V owner. 2002. Mobil 1 FS 0W40 Oil
Triumph GT6 Soft-Top 6Cyl 2.5EFI . 1972
G6SBH.
Spitfire6

Re: Heater control lighting (manual unit)

Postby rhume » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:50 pm

It was supposed to be a nice simple job as I have just had a knee operation and am getting very bored. Not supposed to be doing anything. Got caught out when my wife came back to find the car in bits again. :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find myself the owner of 2 silver Peugeots: 206cc Allure and a 4007 (7 seat 4x4)
rhume

Return to 206CC General