Engine cranking, no start, cam sprockets not turning

Anything related to the 206CC
wizlinkx

Re: Engine cranking, no start, cam sprockets not turning

Post by wizlinkx »

Hi guys, little information help.

I need to know if there is a gasket for the frame that fastens the cam shafts to the head. (not for the top plastic covers). When I removed it initially, there was only some sort of sealant (possibly silicon) applied around the mating surfaces. I was surprised why there's no gasket there. I even called the dealer and they say there's no gasket between the cover gaskets and the head gasket.

So this means, there's room for oil leakage thru that frame at high pressure during the engine is running.
However, I can't see any oil leaked around the visible areas. But I cannot see the area hidden behind the cam belt back cover, where the oil seems to coming out, which I will be removing tomorrow.

I bought 2 new oil seals too yesterday for the cam sprockets. Is there a proper side I have to insert the oil seals. If so can you tell me which side it is?

Silicone Sealant Elring brand Dirko Grey. +300 degrees celsius.

If I remove the head again, I'm going to be faced with buying new gasket and bolts. I can imagine where the water may be coming. If you think an oil change will clear up the emulsion like substance I have to wait till I find where the oil is leaking out. I have to take the car to a gas station to do the oil change. I have never attempted it at home.

After I remove and clean up the cam followers and the top of the head, tappets, etc, reseal the cam followers' top frame, I'd have to do the oil change.

Thank you.
2006 206CC TU5JP4 NFU, 1.6l, 16v engine, Tiptronic, 184.000 Kilometers, Automatic A/C.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Your video sounds like a belt problem. When you replaced the belt, did you replace the pulleys, tensioners and waterpump?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

wizlinkx

Post by wizlinkx »

Capncol wrote:Your video sounds like a belt problem. When you replaced the belt, did you replace the pulleys, tensioners and waterpump?
Except for the water pump, the idle pulley, tensioner and belt all new from dealer.
2006 206CC TU5JP4 NFU, 1.6l, 16v engine, Tiptronic, 184.000 Kilometers, Automatic A/C.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

You should of changed waterpump as well (best practice)
It may have been the pump that caused the last belt to fail. That noise needs to be sorted asap.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.

wizlinkx

Post by wizlinkx »

Capncol wrote:You should of changed waterpump as well (best practice)
It may have been the pump that caused the last belt to fail. That noise needs to be sorted asap.
Thank you.

Yes I know about the water pump. It says everywhere, and even you guys told me specifically about it. Not using the car now until it gets replaced. Wife had budgetary constrains :). I've warned her about what could happen.

There's so many other things to be done in the car. Have to replace front axel boots, repair convertible roof, change transaxle oil.

But that noise is from the AC compressor. That noise comes only when I put on the AC on.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

OK. So long as you are sure
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

wizlinkx

Post by wizlinkx »

Capncol wrote:OK. So long as you are sure
I'll post a video later.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

To be honest, videos aren't great for noises.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

wizlinkx

Post by wizlinkx »

Capncol wrote:To be honest, videos aren't great for noises.
:D

Ok No problem. I'll use my pro equipment to record the sounds and dub it to the video.
I do sound engineering as part of my profession.

But I'm sure nothing like listening to it live.