Engine management and airbag warning lights on dashboard

Anything related to the 206CC
Fihen

Engine management and airbag warning lights on dashboard

Post by Fihen »

Hi all I am in a quandry over what to do next! The abovementioned lights are worrying me. I have replaced the coil pak and replaced the sparkplugs (Bosch) and yet the engine light is still on. I was hopping it would turn off in its own time and test drove it for 50k. That didn't work. My question for those who have a crystal ball can this relate to the crank angle sensor? ??

gazza82

Re: Engine management and airbag warning lights on dashboard

Post by gazza82 »

Connect it to pp2000 and read the codes ... saves guessing.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Fihen

Post by Fihen »

I guess I should purchase one. It costs me $50 to get an analysis done so I am thinking buying pp2000 could be money well spent.

IanL

Post by IanL »

Yes it is. Installation is best into XPSP3. An old laptop is fine. It will not run directly onto a 64-bit OS, so if you want to run it on Win 7 to 10 (which are mostly 64-bit), install a Virtual Machine copy of 32-bit XP, and install Planet into that. Do not plug the Lexia 3 into the USB port when installing until prompted, or the drivers will not install correctly.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

And do not let it try and update itself .. or it will lock up ...
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Fihen

Post by Fihen »

I have sourced pp2000 from ebay and was surprised at the cost only $99 delivery next month. I also found an old laptop with windows xp so another bonus.

IanL

Post by IanL »

Fihen wrote:I have sourced pp2000 from ebay and was surprised at the cost only $99 delivery next month. I also found an old laptop with windows xp so another bonus.
The reason they are cheap is that they are Chinese copies. Genuine Peugeot would cost more than 10 times that. Be prepared for a key generator or similar (I don't remember clearly). Best to close the antivirus and (I think) disconnect from the internet when installing.

Fihen

Post by Fihen »

Thanks guys all very helpful.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

I bought the Lexia cables off aliexpress .. in the package was a PP2000 cd. My antivirus went nuts ... I used a copy I downloaded through peugeotforums ... but not sure the download links/site works now ...

Ben jp4

Post by Ben jp4 »

There is a bit of wiring that runs next to the auxilery belt. The plastic can break causing it to rub, i cought it just in time but if i move it the airbag light comes on.

IanL

Post by IanL »

Sounds like a break in that bit of wiring.