Portal » Forum   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Portal » Forum 206CC Forums 206CC General

Tail pipe for 206cc

Anything related to the 206CC

Tail pipe for 206cc

Postby GSD999 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:25 am

Hello :wave:
I am wanting to get a chrome tail pipe for my 206cc as it's looking a bit rusty. I have been looking and can't believe all the different sizes and shapes. My exhaust tail pipe is the original Peugeot exhaust and it's a oval shape, not round.
Can anyone advise me on which one I need.
:love-thx:
GSD999

Re: Tail pipe for 206cc

Postby gazza82 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:13 am

It comes welded to the back box ... not a separate part.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Alfa Romeo MiTo, Renault Clio II 1.5dCi
gazza82

Postby Rubyoptics » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:24 pm

You have several choices depending on how much you want to spend. You can get a full stainless system fitted This has the advantage of slightly improving performance if you get the right one with an improved flow-through and will also get rid of a possible future rust refuge! Your second option is to get a new back-box. This is less expensive than a full system but also more expensive than your other one (we'll get to that in a second!) A new back-box won't really improve performance at all, but can improve (subjective ofc!) how your car sounds as well as improving it's looks. These come at different price points depending on their design, material etc. Lastly and most cheaply, you have a replacement tip. You will find two different types. The first is known as a slip-on and is really what it says on the tin. It slips over your existing exhaust tip and tightens in place with a jubilee clip or similar. These can be found in your local halfords "Ripspeed" or whatever it's called section. The second type is a weld on tip. Purchase it and take it to a local exhaust centre and they will remove your current exhaust tip and weld the new one in place.

Some things to bare in mind:

1 - If you decide on a full system, remember that it must be SPECIFICALLY for the 206CC as a standard 206 system WILL NOT fit.
2 - If your exhaust tip is rusting to the point where it is annoying you, it might be worth getting the rest of the exhaust checked...either by getting under the car yourself or have a trust-worthy garage check it out for you.
3 - I really wouldn't advise a slip-on exhaust tip unless the other options are really out of reach. It WILL work loose, fall off and generally be a cheap and horrible tacky thing serving literally no purpose other than to get you to purchase another when it inevitably leaps off the car in a Hari-Kari style attempt to add to Halfords annual profits!
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. More to come!
Rubyoptics

Postby GSD999 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:49 am

Thank you so much for your advice. You make perfect sense Rubyoptics. I don't think I will be adding to Halfords profits. :thumbs: :love-thx:
GSD999

Return to 206CC General