Portal » Forum   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Portal » Forum 206CC Forums 206CC General

Rust on rear suspension arms

Anything related to the 206CC

Rust on rear suspension arms

Postby schmidt » Wed May 09, 2018 2:15 pm

Been fixing a few things on the car pre-MOT.

Have lots of rust under the car, mainly surface rust I think though. As far as I know suspension seems to be working okay, but is this level of rust on the rear arms likely to fail the MOT?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
schmidt

Re: Rust on rear suspension arms

Postby Capncol » Wed May 09, 2018 3:25 pm

Not likely unless there is severe rust not shown in pics. Worth cleaning and painting it though before it gets serious.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.
Capncol

Postby gazza82 » Wed May 09, 2018 4:14 pm

Ours looked like that .. one of the downsides of it living in Dundee for many years before we bought it .. never had an issue with MOT as it's surface rust.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Alfa Romeo MiTo, Renault Clio II 1.5dCi
gazza82

Postby schmidt » Thu May 10, 2018 9:53 am

Thanks guys - yeah I think I'll take the wire brush to it pre-MOT and try Hammerite Underbody Seal if anyone has experience of that?
schmidt

Postby Capncol » Mon May 14, 2018 1:03 pm

schmidt wrote:Thanks guys - yeah I think I'll take the wire brush to it pre-MOT and try Hammerite Underbody Seal if anyone has experience of that?

Messy stuff, but will do the job.
If you're up for it, It is quite easy to drop the whole subframe out for easy access to the nooks & crannies
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.
Capncol

Return to 206CC General