Pedal sensor

Are you a new member? Why not pop in and introduce yourself!
DaveJ

Pedal sensor

Post by DaveJ »

Hi all. Just looked on the technical bit and saw a Corvette C3. Mine is a 74. Anyway, my 206CC keeps showing an anti pollution fault and slowing to 15 MPH. Garage says it's the accelerator pedal sensor, but they cannot get one. Anyone know where I can get one, or how to repair the existing one? Thank you, Dave.

gazza82

Re: Pedal sensor

Post by gazza82 »

Welcome ..

How did they diagnose it?

Connecting it to a diagnostic system (and a Peugeot compatible one at that) or a wet finger waved in the air?
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Spitfire6

Post by Spitfire6 »

Hi,
Was going to say unicorn horn.
But, maybe meant the TPS? But only used for acceleration as a MAP supplies load on engine?

I guess any of the readily available parts if faulty, and not dead, could cause fuel problems and, indirectly put the Fault light on?

I got a pollution problem message after adding a can of injector/fuel/tank/hose re-conditioner + removes water + increasing octane + reduces smoke + help with MOT + reduces emission + Increase MPG + 100's of other things , to my car.
I reset the code & then booted the car for 30 mins. Light has never come on again.

Cheers,
Iain. :rotfl:

PS. It can also make your car idle better and increase the HP + Torque.
Peugeot 206 CC 2L 16V 4cyl 2002. QX 3 5W40 Oil. Lamps 80% LED. 5% HID.
Triumph GT6 CC 2L5 12V 6Cyl 1972. QX 3 5W40 Oil. Lamps 98% LED.
G6SBH.
Siemens Controls & SW Engineer.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Pedals are available from Peugeot. I would run a proper scan first as antipollution faults are generated by fuel or ign probs.

Anyway- 350 or 454? :big-grin: :big-grin:
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Spitfire6

Post by Spitfire6 »

Hi Col,
Are there some electronics directly fitted to the acceleration pedal? Are some of the engines fly-by-wire?
My 2L 16v is by conventional cable.

Cheers,
Iain.
G6SBH.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

1.6 has electronic pedal, HDI has cable operated (remote) pedal sensor.
The later 2.0 had electronic pedal (2003 on??)
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.

Spitfire6

Post by Spitfire6 »

Hi Col,
as ever, knowledgeable information.
Thanks,
Iain.
G6SBH.

DaveJ

Post by DaveJ »

Hi all. It's a Stingray 350 L82, with a THM400 trans. Several mods in most engine departments. CCCUK member 524.
Any road up - the Pug set throttle sensor failure codes, both of which were pedal rheostat related. I guess anti pollution fault is a catchall message for virtually any engine problem. The throttle input was nonsense, or non-existent, for a split second, and the ECU threw a wobbly and shut the engine down.
And yes, it was a Peugeot test centre with the correct diagnostic equipment.
Hopefully, the correct pedal has now been sourced ( there are so many variants it's crazy ) and will duly be fitted. We'll see if it cures the problem. DaveJ.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

DaveJ wrote:Hi all. It's a Stingray 350 L82, with a THM400 trans. Several mods in most engine departments. CCCUK member 524. Mine was 350/4speed manual. but currently fitting 454 (Forged steel bottom end and Wiseco forged pistons, roller cam & lifters, plus other mods) with Tremec 6 speed. Had chassis out for repaint, and fitted C5 calipers all round to existing discs

..........the correct pedal has now been sourced ( there are so many variants it's crazy ) Tell me about it!! :mad: and will duly be fitted. We'll see if it cures the problem. DaveJ.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)