Hi to all

Are you a new member? Why not pop in and introduce yourself!
Santinhos

Hi to all

Post by Santinhos »

I'm a new member of this forum, hope I can learn and contriubute :big-grin:

I have:
Peugeot 206cc 1.6Hdi 110cv (2005)

I'm from:
Portugal, so I apologize in advance for any written mistakes :)

Issues:
Currently my roof does not open, and when I'm driving I get the annoying "beep beep". I already double cheked all the 11 switches, tried to shunt/disconnect but nothing seams to work or solve my issue.

I've searched for the ECU electir schema without succes or also the correct position of all the 11 switches (on or off, when roof is closed), my major concer is to eliminate the "beep beep", I'm not worryed that my roof does not work automatically, hope I can find here the assistance or guidence to solve my issue (can I cut the wires to eliminate the "beep beep", if yes can someone point me which ones ?).´

Thanks to all in advance.
Alvaro

gazza82

Re: Hi to all

Post by gazza82 »

Have a look at the threads in the Roof section.

Also check the wiring BEHIND the boot lid panel .. there is a plug/socket that feeds the alarm switch and it can come loose.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Santinhos

Post by Santinhos »

Hi "gazza82", already check the Roof section, and other info available over internet/google :(

Today I've ordered over ebay the PP2000 in order to see if I can read any error code.

I've checked all plugs (connet and disconnect), see all 11 switches (also shunt some of them) and no luck, always "beep beep" when driving :(

What I'm missing to find is the complete wiring schema of the ECU and siwtches positions with roof closed and open. and why no one knows the wire we need to cut to get the beep beep off :D because I do not mind to use the roof manually :D i just want the "beep beep" to go AWAY :D

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

I doubt anyone on here would agree to disabling the bleep as it's a safety feature ... it's basically saying your roof or the catches are open.

Do you know if all the micro switches, especially the two in the screen pillars and for the pull-out blind, are actually working? And by that have you tested them with a multimeter?
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Santinhos

Post by Santinhos »

Disabling the bleep does not make the car unsafe as the roof will not operate anyway (but I understand your point), also if i remove from the ECU the yellow plug the Bleep is off, but the windows will not operate :D

I will open a topic over the roof section wit all the info I have, because there might be more people with same issues as I have.

and yes I've tested the switches with a multimeter and they all seam to be working correctly. (they go correctly on/off if pressed).

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

That beep is also for other warnings
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Santinhos

Post by Santinhos »

Hi " Capncol ", I don't want to completely disable te "beep", I just want to disable the "beep" from the roof system, and this is possible, because if I disconect the plug form the ECU roof, the beep will go off but the only problem is that the windows will not operate, if I leff the car key over the ignition and open the door, the beep will beep as usual. ( hope I'm making myself clear :D )