Removing ns foglight ...lower airbox in way! Help!

All your other probs if any.
Syncro

Removing ns foglight ...lower airbox in way! Help!

Post by Syncro »

Hi all, trying to remove and replace ns foglight on my car...searched info on the site and it seems this can be done without removing front bumper, however......on my vehicle there is a second mini lower airbox which completely blocks tilt and remove of foglight....is this second box a nightmare to remove without bumper off, or is it do able?
Just back from topdown trip to France...the perfect car for us!
All the best, Dave Perry

Couhullainn

Re: Removing ns foglight ...lower airbox in way! Help!

Post by Couhullainn »

What model is your car?

All CC's have (should) access doors on the rim in front of the front tyres for the fog lights, you do not need to remove the body work!

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

The opening in the inner wheel arch is fine for changing a bulb but just taking the wheel arch out makes swapping the fog light much easier ... and I haven't got arms like Popeye!
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Airbox unclips. There is a clip to the right (as you are looking at it) Release it, and it lifts out.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Syncro

Post by Syncro »

Thanks guys, I had the arch out no problem, but it was clear that small lower airbox had to come out to tilt the foglight to remove it....
All the best, Dave