Roof problem, motor make sound, noting happens. ecu or motor

All your roof problems here.
RR-Auto

Roof problem, motor make sound, noting happens. ecu or motor

Post by RR-Auto »

Hello, guys. such a great company here, we should go out for a CC gathering :-D .
I just bought a 206 cc , but unfortunately, the roof does not function , such a fun pleasure.
I searched alot about this system and troubleshoot a lot of things. Now i really stuck between the problem of ecu or pump or even something else, you know that, Peugeot:big-grin: ).
when i open the latch and pushing roof button up, it continuously beeping and windows do not operate and also noting will happen.
but if i first turn the windows down, and then open the latch ( also there is no long beep after opening latch ), but the pump starts working, but nothings happen no movement at all.
pump workes in both down or up buttons , both pumps works and nothing moves. I tried to help the pump with manually pulling the boot lid, but I believe the is just about no pressure at all. no movies, even in the lockes. So I started to diagnose the pump. fluid is ok. I test solenoid, sounds like work to me.
I opened 4 pipes which run to first actuators, in the actuator when you keep pushing down on the button just a few drops of oil will come. I test the 4 first pipes with the air, seems ok.
my last guesses are ecu ( because of not correct functioning of windows, and i dont know but it could be probably wrong time signaling to pump selenoid. Or the pump because of lack in pressure .
Regard
yashar

IanL

Re: Roof problem, motor make sound, noting happens. ecu or m

Post by IanL »

When you open the roof catches with the ignition on, do you hear a "bong" sound?

If not, see my reply in this thread.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Have you checked the pressure relief valve is nipped up?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

RR-Auto

Post by RR-Auto »

/Yes , I checked the reliefre pressure valve which is located on the pump. i tried both in close and open.
in close n , after a few close and opening manually the roof, it will make a little pressure ( i mean when I open and close the boot lid ( from roof side) it hold a 5 cm distance to full close which I can push it and close.

RR-Auto

Post by RR-Auto »

[quote="IanL"]When you open the roof catches with the ignition on, do you hear a "bong" sound?

Actually with open ignition, after opening the latch I hear no bong sound. I never hered it in any position.
.if I lowered the window before opening the levers no warning tone. and pump work.
and with pump working noting happens.
But wouldn't you think if I had problem with the microswitches, the pump wont response and work at all?

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

I think you have a pump related problem, and I expect the windows issue is to do with the timings of the operation. It will probably be sorted when the roof starts working
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.

RR-Auto

Post by RR-Auto »

Capncol wrote:I think you have a pump related problem, and I expect the windows issue is to do with the timings of the operation. It will probably be sorted when the roof starts working

Thank you so much for quick reply.
I tried to test pump by taking the pipes out from pump side. when I pull up opening bottun , I haves ome pressure . but as much as I can hold it with my finger. and I believe thats not enough. SO whould you suggest to changing pump?

IanL

Post by IanL »

I suggest you contact http://www.frenchdiagnosticservices.com ... cabriolets. They are the experts.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Yes sounds like faulty pump
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

Couhullainn

Post by Couhullainn »

First thing to go in a 206cc in order:

Roof
Back Axle
Bearings
Electrics

The earlier the model the more potential for issue with the roof; it does seem like a pump problem though to be fair. I had a squeaking noise in mine so to eliminate the need for a full repair try some 3in1 lubricant wet spray on all clasps and joints and if it still dosn't work then its definately the pump.