2.0 Petrol Engine Cover & Radiator Holders

All your other probs if any.
Couhullainn

2.0 Petrol Engine Cover & Radiator Holders

Post by Couhullainn »

Hi Everyone,

Happy Friday!

Two small things I hope someone has had experience with who may be able to help.

The screw plugs (like a little spear without the screw) for the engine cover seem to be loose, i've taken it off and put it back on but it seems to rattle, anyone had this before? See picture of cover.

Also the black radiator holder (top) or guides if you will, the radiator seems to have dropped down on the right hand-side, Im guessing this is something underneath causing this.

Any experience with this would be helpful, thanks.
20170629_074755_resized.jpg
20170629_074802_resized.jpg
20170629_074752_resized.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Artermis

Re: 2.0 Petrol Engine Cover & Radiator Holders

Post by Artermis »

Hi Couhullainn,

Sorry I can't help you with the engine cover.

Re the radiator having sagged on one side.... It should have another set of pins/lugs at the bottom much like it has at the top to locate it home. Probably best to check the rubber bushings for those pins, just like the ones you seen on top in your picture, are in place. If one is missing or has crumbled and gone it can cause you to drop slightly. Probably need to inspect the support cross member it sits on is not bent, rotten or coming away for any reason.
Ben. 2006 1.6 HDi Allure

Couhullainn

Re: 2.0 Petrol Engine Cover & Radiator Holders

Post by Couhullainn »

Hi Artermis,

Thank you for the advice, i'll have to get under the car and have a wee nosey!