Which Model Should I Buy?

Are you a new member? Why not pop in and introduce yourself!
pugtasia

Which Model Should I Buy?

Post by pugtasia »

Hi all! This time I've decided to be sensible(ish) and not buy the first CC that I find. I am considering an auto having previously had a 206 Roland Garros auto with the 1.6 16v engine. Any advice on the best engine/gearbox combinations would be appreciated along with what to avoid! I really want the very best 206CC auto around ... any suggestions? ;)

gazza82

Re: Which Model Should I Buy?

Post by gazza82 »

If you want an auto it may have to be the 1.6 engine ... not sure I've seen any 2.0 autos or diesels. The CC only came with 1.6 16v, 2.0 16v 138hp, and 1.6HDi engines.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

All the models and specs here http://www.parkers.co.uk/peugeot/206/co ... 001/specs/

And confirmed that if you want an auto, it's going to be a 1.6 16v petrol.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

pugtasia

Post by pugtasia »

Thanks. What about the auto box? Are all CCs fitted with the conventional AL4 box? Is the Tiptronic version basically the same? What are the most common problems? I know that computer-controlled autos can be a nightmare but never had any problems with my previous 206 and suspect that the setup for the CC will be identical.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Don't know enough about Peugeot autos unfortunately but this should all be available on the net.

Couhullainn

Post by Couhullainn »

pugtasia wrote:Thanks. What about the auto box? Are all CCs fitted with the conventional AL4 box? Is the Tiptronic version basically the same? What are the most common problems? I know that computer-controlled autos can be a nightmare but never had any problems with my previous 206 and suspect that the setup for the CC will be identical.
I know that no matter what 206 you by, the back axle or wheel bearings (back) will usually be the first to go.

pugtasia

Post by pugtasia »

Thanks for the advice about checking the rear beam. On our 205 we fitted grease nipples to the rear beam to enable it to be properly lubricated. I was wondering if anyone had tried this with the 206?

Couhullainn

Post by Couhullainn »

Hi Pugtasia,

I have never tried it myself.

What are you looking the 206 to do for you? I have the 2002 2.0 Petrol SE; the later cars (anything past 2004) will give you no roof issues which is what is claimed by Peugeot (the roof stick issue was fixed apparently although it really depends on luck of the draw).

I have alwasy liked the Allure 1.6 with the Black and Red trim but again it depends what you want it for.