Convertible down, car locked then alarming.

Anything related to the 206CC
robertlabrador94

Convertible down, car locked then alarming.

Post by robertlabrador94 »

Hey guys, sun is starting to come out here in UK and I've tried to leave the hard top down in a car park, the car alarms a few seconds after I lock it with key. Is there a way to change this? So I can leave the top down?

I have a Peugeot 206 CC Sport Cabriolet 2005.

Thank you!

gazza82

Re: Convertible down, car locked then alarming.

Post by gazza82 »

On our 2001 model there was a button on the dash (low down near the headlight adjuster) which if you held it in for a few seconds disables the ultrasonic sensors in the windscreen surround. The red led on the top of the dash glows red and you have a few seconds to turn off the ignition, get out and lock the car (and deadlock it!)

If you haven't got a handbook, you can download a PDF copy of one from this forum site ..
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

BTW if you do this .. don't park under anything .. a friend left her relatively new MINI with the top down and the car valeters bill to remove the bird droppings from the upholstery wasn't nice! (Nor where the droppings to be honest!)
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

robertlabrador94

Post by robertlabrador94 »

Ahh, makes sense now, I was just clicking that button not holding it, thank you very much, ill read up on the deadlock now :)