Changed roof switches and catches

All your roof problems here.
Luditus

Re: Changed roof switches and catches

Post by Luditus »

Bleeps mean something wrong somewhere, usually a microswitch not closing. Each window has one, and there is one on the bonnet lock. The window ones are definitely connected to the roof system. The rear windows get very little use and maybe they need freeing up a little. Cycle them up and down a few times.

Kelly contina

Post by Kelly contina »

Thanks, do you mean boot or bonnet??? One of my rear windows is a bit sticky so maybe this could be a problem, I will try to run it up and down a few times see how I go

Luditus

Post by Luditus »

Bonnet. Makes the same bleeps as the boot and puts the same picture up on the centre display - just to confuse. I don't think it is associated with the roof system, but french electrics?
Seems to me that those hand wash monkeys cleaned your boot out. Check all the electrical connectors in the boot, and make sure you still have a jack and wheel brace. :)

Kellycontina123

Post by Kellycontina123 »

I had my bonnet changed just before Xmas but I tried roof after and it worked fine, it's a new bonnet, well second hand, where can I find the switch for the bonnet do you know??? I also have no centre display as my model is a really old y reg

Kellycontina123

Luditus wrote:Bonnet. Makes the same bleeps as the boot and puts the same picture up on the centre display - just to confuse. I don't think it is associated with the roof system, but french electrics?
Seems to me that those hand wash monkeys cleaned your boot out. Check all the electrical connectors in the boot, and make sure you still have a jack and wheel brace. :)
Definitely doesn't have a microswitch in bonnet
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Luditus

Post by Luditus »

The bonnet switch is below the front apron, under the lock and forward of the radiator - if my memory is correct. Mine gets a blast of WD40 every year, along with everything else in my annual service.

IanL

Post by IanL »

I have just recalled that I found my roof would not go down when the black cover (the one with the hole for the pull cord) was not fitted. I could see no reason why this should be the case, but the moment I put it back on, the roof worked again. Is yours off?

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Check the connections in the boot lid too. Take the inner lining out of the boot cover/lid. There is a connector in the loom on the left side towards the hinge .. ours disconnected itself when I was fixing the boot release (the actuating rod got stuck so it wouldn't unlock!). That meant the roof wouldn't operate and also bleeped if you drove the car as it couldn't tell if the boot was open or shut!

"Dear Mr Peugeot .. it would only have needed an extra 25mm in the loom length!"
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Kellycontina123

It was off Ian I have put back on nothing!!! I've checked all poss connections in boot they all good from what I can see

Kellycontina123

OK guys just done all what you guys have suggested and still nothing, am I missing something, I just don't get it all wires seem fine, the only thing I can see that would be a problem is the pull cord being pulled off, I don't have the plate behind it that someone has mentioned, I've been under bonnet, under all the panelling in boot, I'm losing my mind

IanL

Post by IanL »

Have you checked continuity on the wires from the roof catch switches to the roof ECU?

Luditus

Post by Luditus »

Sorry to hear that roof is still not working. I found this video, and noticed that this demo car has a dull bleep rather than bong. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUk3RKVRfVU

Kellycontina123

This is the bleep I was getting yesterday when boot was open and my uncle was messing around inside boot, however when boot closed I no longer got the beep, I'm going to keep watching the video over and over again lol just incase I'm missing something

Luditus

Post by Luditus »

You might find this video useful too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-xCTfiFuV8
Its a continuation of the other one that I posted. Good luck.