How do I remove casing from pillar roof catches

All your roof problems here.
Kelly contina

How do I remove casing from pillar roof catches

Post by Kelly contina »

Can anyone help me, I want to remove the casing that houses the pillar catches and microswitches in my 206cc y reg... Think off top of my head is 2001, sorry am at work while asking! I have found some on eBay and I want to replace as I am not getting the bong you all talk about when undoing the switches, I have used the correct solvent to clean the switches but to no avail, and I just have a feeling it could be the switches because of the missing bing, bong or ping whatever you want to call it, I recently had my handbrake fixed but don't think this is the problem and when I had the battery charged I.did check roof and it worked fine, I also still get a warning tone when trying to retract the roof just no mechanism sounds or Windows going down, I've checked fuses checked micro switches and checked the white loops in boot... Weather getting nicer and I'm getting grumpy

IanL

Re: How do I remove casing from pillar roof catches

Post by IanL »

I have not done the job, but it looks like you first should remove the "upper trim" http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/repair-20 ... ag0rf3.htm to get to the screen pillar trim fastening, and then remove that trim http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/repair-20 ... gg2af3.htm.

Kelly contina

Post by Kelly contina »

Thanks Ian that all looks extremely difficult, I'm hoping with the pictures and car infant of me it will be easier x

Kelly contina

Post by Kelly contina »

Infront ####

Kelly contina

Post by Kelly contina »

I was hoping it was just remove sun visor and a magic bolt and trim would fall into my hands

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Kelly contina wrote:I was hoping it was just remove sun visor and a magic bolt and trim would fall into my hands
No they only do that when you don't want them to and you are driving along .. :lol:

Sorry that's not a part I ever had to take off ours .. and it never fell off (but it was highly likely that it had been glued on in a previous life! Lots had! ;) )
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo