Front seat broken, does the 206HB seat fit

All your other probs if any.
starcar

Front seat broken, does the 206HB seat fit

Post by starcar »

Greetings to all

206CC 1.6 S 2002

Passenger seat back stuck reclined, seat slides ok, tilts forwards and slides but can't adjust seat back.
Seems quite a common issue looking back over posts.

Having removed the seat, it looks like that part of the adjustment is sealed inside the pivot mechanism!
Tried the forcing, jiggling method, nothing has worked.
So now looking to find a replacement, does anyone know if the seat from a 206 Hatchback fits or can be made to fit by changing runners etc? these are a much more common item to source than ex 206CC

Thanks. Andrew

Capncol

Re: Front seat broken, does the 206HB seat fit

Post by Capncol »

Yes can fit, but be sure to get a 3 door one with the same SRS layout and plugs or else you will have probs with airbag light.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

starcar

Post by starcar »

Hi Col
Thanks for that. Yes standard 206 3 door hatchback seat, picked up for £30 from my local breaker, stripped, old cover swapped, old runner mechanism bolted on, all fitted fine.
Breaker wanted to sell me a CC seat at a much higher price, didn't know (or admit) that they are based on the same frame!

A bit of info for others with seat problems:-
My passenger seat did not have any airbag sensors/wiring so no issues there, but check for this.
On the 206CC there are two extra seat back supports to the sides, see photo, these are held by captive bolts and nuts, 206HB seat had the fitting holes so easy to swap these parts, guess these give a bit more bucket seat type support.
The 206CC seat base also has two small wire loop towards the rear, these are welded on and were not on the 206HB seat, cover fitted fine though.
Covers are a bit of a fiddle to remove, you need to unbend or cut the many wire loops, I used tie-wraps when re-fitting to make life a bit easier. Take photos and/or notes where they fit.
PICT2805.JPG
PICT2806.JPG
PICT2839.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Wonder if those extra loops are for baby/child car seats?
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo