Engine swap to a 205 diesel

All your 206CC sightings.......
Regossuriname

Engine swap to a 205 diesel

Post by Regossuriname »

Hello guys

I am new here and own @ 206cc year 2004 with serious electric damage and no key. I live in south america and i have the only 206cc. No proper mechanic for a french car here. So i bought this not riding car for euro 120 :-)

Now i investigate to ride thia car again but wanna put a 205 diesek engine in it. Does it ift? Anybody have ideas? Please help me to ride this car again. My app +5978648881

Capncol

Re: Engine swap to a 205 diesel

Post by Capncol »

You will find many problems trying to do that. The car is canbus equipped which means that the electronics of the car are centrally controlled by a computer (BSI). If you have "serious electric damage" even if you get the engine to work, then the other systems (lights, wipers etc:) probably won't work, so getting the engine in would probably be the easiest bit. Getting everything to work afterwards would be a completely different matter.

For instance, a few of the many problems you would encounter-
The 206CC has an electronic throttle pedal- the 205 uses a cable operated pedal.
The clutch pedal is hydraulic on the 206, but cable on the 205.
The instrument binnacle is controlled by the BSI on a 206, but direct on 205 so temp, fuel, speedo and rev counter would not work.
Lastly the roof operation is also intergrated to the BSI and takes signals from speed sensors to prevent operation at speeds above 5mph. This is incompatible with the systems on the 205, so the roof probably wouldn't work.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.