Roof mended..a different approach ?

All your roof problems here.
joeydee

Roof mended..a different approach ?

Post by joeydee »

Had a lot of problems mending my roof what wouldnt open,after testing every switch and sensor(micro switches),it eventually started working !
However,with not knowing exactly what i'd done to repair said roof,and with it operating 4 or 5 times on the trot,I decided it was done ,and leave well alone.
The next morning I went to it to discover...not working !
After trawling various websites,A chap from London had posted that the vehicle needs to be moved after a number of operations..why?Don't know.
So after a trip of 100mts or so,brought it back and hey presto..it worked !
Now,this may or may not be of use to members,but it was something i had not come across on here.
Hope this will assist someone,and I would like to ask the question why is this so ?

Capncol

Re: Roof mended..a different approach ?

Post by Capncol »

I have never heard that one before, but it wouldn't surprise me. Thanks for your input.
Please let us know how it works long term.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

joeydee

Post by joeydee »

willdo..tomorrow morning will reveal all ...

joeydee

Post by joeydee »

well,all is still good..so I'll leave it at that for now,don't wanna tempt providence ! :)

IanL

Post by IanL »

If that really is a result of code in the roof ECU, it's quite a surprise.

My guess is that, if it is true, it was put in to prevent spoofing the "Do not operate on the move" interlock.