Struggling to get roof working :-(

All your roof problems here.
gazza82

Re: Struggling to get roof working :-(

Post by gazza82 »

I had the speed alarm go off when one of the plugs got pulled out on the main loom in the boot. I think it was near the n/s hinge .. took a bit to find. I was changing the hi-level brake light unit and pulled the cable a little and this obviously pulled along the loom ...
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Banditboy

Post by Banditboy »

Been digging around in the boot checking out micro's..... the 2 side ones are checking out ok, but this one in the boot is always showing continuity when tested, even if the lever is pushed in allowing you to hear the clicking sound....
Could this be the culprit? if yes can they be bought new or is it a breakers part?

IanL

Post by IanL »

If that is the switch at the rear of the boot associated with the boot locking mechanism, then it does interact with the roof ECU and it should not show always closed. Peugeot Part No 6339 18.

However, the ECU would only wish to know that the boot was closed, so if the switch was continuously telling it that, it does not seem to be a possible cause of the roof not working.

For a diagram of all the switches, see http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12945

Banditboy

Post by Banditboy »

Thx Ian.
I would say it was G position.

John

IanL

Post by IanL »

In that case, it is the boot open switch Peugeot Part No 8484 P9, and, if it is continuously telling the ECU that the boot is open (or closed - we don't know), it could, in my view, have an effect on the roof operation.

It's difficult to be certain, because the logic rules under which the roof ECU operates are not, afaik, published, so you have to "invent" it for yourself.

Banditboy

Post by Banditboy »

Hi all.
Would anyone know if these work like normal switches and nothing fancy.. i.e open or closed? contact or no contact..

John

IanL

Post by IanL »

The SEDRE shows only two wires going to it, so it's hard to imagine anything other than open/closed.

Banditboy

Post by Banditboy »

IanL wrote:The SEDRE shows only two wires going to it, so it's hard to imagine anything other than open/closed.
Thx for the replies Ian..
That's what I thought, two wires = simple switch..
If I left this switch disconnected and then as far as the ecu would know it isn't closed so should start the opening sequence?

John

IanL

Post by IanL »

As I said, it's hard to be sure, but I think the ECU would expect the switch to be open before the sequence commenced, and would close at the appropriate point in the sequence. If it did not close, I think it would stop the sequence, as that would suggest the boot had failed to open.

Banditboy

Post by Banditboy »

Going to check those 2 roof latches out next if i gt chance tomorrow.
Good starting point i believe...

Banditboy

Post by Banditboy »

If you're in your car Ian and lets say the front windows are down or only one, and you want to open the roof.... Do you need to close the windows for the sequence to start or will it just start from the position that the windows are in?

Banditboy

Post by Banditboy »

This bloody roof.... Grrrr.
Checked out all sensors and as far as i know are all ok and working? Even checked roof latches...

Would the roof need resetting somehow or should it just work if all is ok?

Cheers
John

IanL

Post by IanL »

Banditboy wrote:If you're in your car Ian and lets say the front windows are down or only one, and you want to open the roof.... Do you need to close the windows for the sequence to start or will it just start from the position that the windows are in?
If both windows are down, the sequence will start with the boot lid opening. If one window is down, it will start by lowering the other, then the boot lid....

IanL

Post by IanL »

Banditboy wrote:This bloody roof.... Grrrr.
Checked out all sensors and as far as i know are all ok and working
I though you said switch G was always closed, or have you fixed it?

Banditboy

Post by Banditboy »

Hi ian.
Re-checked it and my mistake, it is working ok?
The only ones i've not really dug deep into checking is that part where there's around 3 micros housed together on the roof mechanism above right to the ecu.

John